The Really Long Thread

I have to work tomorrow. Migrating 15 computers and putting in 15 new ones.

network image job or by hand ?

Hah - typically, I'd agree with you, 2pm's a bitch.

Averaging a 6am start and a 2am finish at the moment, thank christ for pure caffeine stims

6am??? piece of piss, when you have to start at 4am (so up at 3am) drive to work and do a 12 hour shift, thats early :p thank good i dont have to do that now :D

The new desktops have already been imaged, did that in house. Now we have to go in, backup existing data, and migrate to the new. And we are putting in a new terminal server too. All of this is being done in less than five hours because I have a party to be at by 2:00 PM.

My cookies. All of them.

*kicks matt's knee*

is that the "purse Party" you're going to?

That ruins the point of the therapy, thanks.

Last time I tell you anything! And for the record, I'm not going!

The new desktops have already been imaged, did that in house. Now we have to go in, backup existing data, and migrate to the new. And we are putting in a new terminal server too. All of this is being done in less than five hours because I have a party to be at by 2:00 PM.

My cookies. All of them.

shouldnt all the info you need to backup from the desktops be saved to network drives ? therefore not requiring the backup step, or is that from the server ?

All of this is being done in less than five hours because I have a party to be at by 2:00 PM.

My cookies. All of them.

A Nerdy social? With reruns of Star Trec and Fruit Punch?

And naked source code! Wooooo Hoooooo! :p

shouldnt all the info you need to backup from the desktops be saved to network drives ? therefore not requiring the backup step, or is that from the server ?
For the most part; we don't reroute Favorites and like to copy the desktop shortcuts back over. The user profile also needs to be recreated.

i see, shouldn't take too long then :) , nice little shell(vbs,bat) script be just the ticket

I love fortune cookies!

fortune.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back