The Multi-Core/Multi-Processor Club

I guess I should add myself to this list now too, with a Q6600. I don't know how I survived without all those cores! ;)

Well, I took the plunge!!! Check out my sig. Already I have a tremendous increase in performance, with the new setup.

Mostly music and pictures, some movies. Frankly, a little bit of everything.

You've got 1600GB of storage?
What for?

LOL.. vanquished, use your math.. :laugh:

Its more than that...

EDIT: Unless he has them in a RAID, maybe you are right depending on whiwhc hd's hes using...

Mike A!

LOL.. vanquished, use your math.. :laugh:

Its more than that...

EDIT: Unless he has them in a RAID, maybe you are right depending on whiwhc hd's hes using...

Mike A!
Lol.
I could have sworn that it said 500gb X2

My Bad, even better, why do you have 2100gb of storage :p

I would assume the same answer applies :) :p

I should've posted here some time ago I guess, this thread seems to have eluded me till now :speechless:

Anyway, had these for the last couple of months or thereabouts.

Intel Q6600 (Always went AMD before, but these babies are soooo sweet)
Overclocked albeit mildly to 3.2GHz - 1600MHz FSB.
Still, 33% increase can't be bad for no additional financial outlay ;) Runs cool on air too. (Scythe Mugen)
Gigabyte Rev 2.0 GA-P35-DS4
2GB OCZ Titanium, Overclocked 8800GT (650Mhz/1900Mhz)
Also went for the 500GB SATAII drive, although only the one :p
Must add, the 32MB cache is nice.

Absolute doddle to overclock, even for beginners.
Would recommend any of the above in a heartbeat :)

Finally bit the bullet and went dual core for cheap AMD X2 4800. I wasn't expecting much but man was I surprised.

I've been doing video editing in background and aside from an occasional disk bottle neck I can't even tell I have a processor intensive task going in background. It makes me wonder whta a real CPU like A 68xx series would be like.

Guess I can join the club.

Desktop : AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo T7200

I'm loving the Intel more.

Woo I finally join the club :)

Q9450 for my main rig,
E6550 for the Htpc
and an el chepo E2140 for the server :D

Those of you stumping for AMD dual/quad cores will see a jump again if you switch to intel :)

Those of you stumping for AMD dual/quad cores will see a jump again if you switch to intel :)

True AMD seems to happy doing the mid range sector at the moment. It would be nice to see them pull out another killer product like the Athlon 64, though I just can't see it at the moment

AMD has no game. No clue. And (nearly) no money.

Guess i thought i would join too! Since owning the 1.5Ghz Centrino in my laptop, and then moving to a nice 12.1" Laptop last Ocober i am happy :nervous:

T7100 Core 2 Duo (1800Mhz 800Mhz FSB) - it really does fly, planning on moving to Vista x64 soon i reckon, but i would obviously need 4GB of RAM, as i would say to my missus :rolleyes:

Soon, to be making another upgarde, in about, say 2 or 3 hours. Going from my E8400 Dual-Core to a Q9450 Quad-Core. This should be interesting to say the least!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back