The F.E.A.R. Sequel... Project Origin

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
Well I am a big fan of this game. The expansion pack "Extraction Point" was so so O.K. and "Perseus Mandate" so so. But ever since Monolith Productions got bought by WB and Vivendi's ownership of the F.E.A.R. name it was thought that the franchise was all but dead. Now back in mid to late 2007 Monolith revealed it was making a sequel. It showed first signs of it at the 2007 E3 Expo. Now there is a large in game trailer of it on You Tube. It's an 18 min 2 part piece, so enjoy and tell me what you think. To me it looks gooooooood. :D

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I3DHX6Zxh4&feature

Part2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpa0YpdM_uQ&feature

And here's a write up from Dec 07

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177464

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Political Access
Not sure if this should be under PC gaming :)

That is clearly a console (looks like Xb360) version.

N

Not Bman

How does it look like a console version? It was a PC game right? or both..

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Its a 360 game too.
I keep trying to play the first expansion on Vista but it won't have any of it :(

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Political Access
How does it look like a console version? It was a PC game right? or both..

Look at the screen whenever the player comes up to a door.

"Push down to open"

Xbox 360 baby :smoker:

N

Not Bman

I was going to say boo to that, but frankly, console or pc, find by me these days!

Lawman82

I see bad people
Well, I'm a big FEAR fan and that looks good to me, can't wait for it to come out.

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
Look at the screen whenever the player comes up to a door.

"Push down to open"

Xbox 360 baby :smoker:

Well if it's 360 game play even better for me. My 360 is up and running. :D

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Political Access
FPS on a console?

Other than Halo, I have found them to be quite crap.

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
COD4 and Rainbow Six are fun on 360.

I'll probably check out Project Origin when it comes out too.

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I really liked the demo of the first game and this thread inspired me to order it off Amazon (it was about £6 inc. postage:)) - what are the expansions like? From what gonaads said they're not that good - are they worth getting too?

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
I really liked the demo of the first game and this thread inspired me to order it off Amazon (it was about £6 inc. postage:)) - what are the expansions like? From what gonaads said they're not that good - are they worth getting too?

Extraction Point is good, not great but worth getting. Perseus Mandate is a totally different story line and is O.K. but a toss up to buy or not. I would get Extraction Point and maybe once you've played it through a few times this new one (Project Origin) will be out and then you can go for that. Up to you as to Perseus Mandate though.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Expansions were third party and I really struggled to run the first in Vista. I got it shortly before I migrated and it has never run properly.

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
Actually from what I read on the game boxes the original was published by Vivendi Games Inc. and created by Monolith and sold through Sierra Entertainment. The first expansion pack, Extraction Point, was also published by Vivendi Games (But Vivendi Games is now Vivendi Universal Games Inc.) and created by Monolith, and was also sold through Sierra Entertainment. There is no Vivedi Logo on the original, but the Vivedi Universal Logo is on Extraction Point. So the first expansion is still from the original group of companies, or so it seems.

I'm playing the first one again now... but on my 360. Game play is really smooth, just as I remember it from my PC. But the 360 version you can wield a pair of machine pistols. Now that is nice. :D

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
bah i hate it when they do that. LOL
the pack is great. fun gameplay and good on the story. would be nice if they redid the engine on the game to update graphics,
with the story they have and the elements in the game, it creates a perfect environment in your mind.

better graphics would just make it 10 times better. but i still love the game

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR