The Audigy Blues :(

SkazzyUK

XP-erience Oldie
Hello all,

I am having lots of problem with my new audigy,

Well now I can see you thinking errr yea thats wot they were made for 'The Problem Sound Card'

Well lets see, I bought it at PCworld, zoomed home popped open the box had a sniff of the fresh components, uninstalled the drivers for my old card, then popped open the case and pulled out that old stinking soundblaster 16 PCI.

Then rebooted,

Then wipped in the spankinly new Audigy,

I was all exited,

I rebooted then voila, I installed the drivers restarted and it worked ok.

BUT I put in red alert 2 to install it and erm no autoplay, so I thought ow well I can't have it all go my way, so looked in my computer and err No Cd-rom how odd,

I rebooted again and strangly as the first time it had well and truly vanished.

So went to SB website got all the updates and they worked fine and my CD-rom came back Phew!

BUT now whats wrong is the EAX bar at the top of the screen when I choose an effect, well press the ENV button it won't stay open it vanishes just like when u press the start button but with this bar,

Anyone have any suggestions or fixes???

I have attached a pic of the problem bar on the next post,

Please

SkaZZyuk:D

don't use that bar. try just using surround mixer.

You cant use the Creative Taskbar with XP it just doesnt work. It was not designed to work with XP.

I dunno why. The Creative Recorder on the orig Audigy CD also doesnt work with XP.

Best advice is get the MultiDriver Pack CD and install that, you still wont be able to use the creative taskbar but the creative recorder will work.

Also EAX does work its just the taskbar that is screwed.

The MulitDriver Pack CD is £1 for postage. From the Creative WebShop

Originally posted by Geffy
You cant use the Creative Taskbar with XP it just doesnt work. It was not designed to work with XP.

Sorry to say but i have used the bar within xp and still am to this day!!

It's not that, there is always a way around anything in the computer world, its just I mean I shell out £70.00 of hard earned cash on a top of the range soundcard (Well almost) and I expect it to work on demand, I mean my system is well over the minimum specs so there shouldn't be a problem or if there is there should be a fix huh?!! :mad:

Ahhh but my aunt she has the same card, hers works fine she has xp home, and my friend his works fine his is xp pro!

dabomb, sorry but Creative said that Creative Taskbar doesnt not work with XP so I never installed it. I have also never had a problem with my Audigy card either.

Originally posted by Geffy
dabomb, sorry but Creative said that Creative Taskbar doesnt not work with XP so I never installed it. I have also never had a problem with my Audigy card either.

Same for me....never installed anything from CD:s that came with the package. Only downloaded the latest drivers from website and installed ONLY the drivers.

Have never had any problems what so ever. :) :) :)

Good Luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back