The 2007 Super Bowl Thread (Colts vs. Bears)

Why do you hate Peyton? Did he hit on your mom? Beat up your dad? Call your sister a name? Just curious.
I think the man is an idiot...

Pleading with ticket holders not to sell to the patriots, come on what a big whiner.

Why wouldn't the team star speak out to the home town fans? Most players speak out to the home town fans for the same reason.

Madmatt, man forget it Vanquished will never change his train of thought on that subject, he just can't face the idea that no team can keep a championship in the NFL two many years.

I don't really see how anyone can hate Peyton. He's a great athelete, an icon in the NFL, and will go down as once of the best QB's to play the game. I have much respect for him, up to this point I've felt bad because he gets alot of flack for not getting to where he is now.

I say good for him, and I hope they/he wins :up:

Madmatt, man forget it Vanquished will never change his train of thought on that subject, he just can't face the idea that no team can keep a championship in the NFL two many years.
I think we should all talk about people in front of them...
Why would i change my views?
I dont like peyton manning, period.

People don't like president bush, period.
I don't like John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, Deval Patrick, period.

Peoples opinions do not change based on someone saying they should.

Vanq is mad because Peyton finally beat Tom.

There is a Political Section, let's keep that stuff out of Sports please, thanks ;)

Then stop using this thread to complain about Peyton and get back on topic.

I feel the Colts are going to win as Manning is less likely to choke from the pressure and hype that this game naturally brings. Additionally, Grossman tends to play like crap if the defense gets to him a few times.

That may be a common belief AZ but it is not true. Peyton does not have a Super bowl ring, and his playoff record hasn't been really good. In college as good as he was, he never played for a National Championship. On the other hand, Grossman, who pretty much plays like crap all the time, does manage to pull through in the clutch, and he has a National Championship ring, from college.

Last I checked college isn't the NFL ;)

I agree with AZ, if it comes down to performing in the clutch I'd take Peyton over Grossman any day.

and I'd take Grossman against the Colts D versus Peyton against the Bears D

I think the Pass Rush is going to make the difference, where the Colts have the edge there.

Time will tell, should be a great game.

I think the Pass Rush is going to make the difference, where the Colts have the edge there.

Time will tell, should be a great game.
Definately.
The only way the Colts will loose this game is if Peyton has an off day or is hurt.

Not too sure about that, the X-Factor could very well be the Special Teams, which is a clear edge for Chicago.

Last I checked college isn't the NFL ;)

I agree with AZ, if it comes down to performing in the clutch I'd take Peyton over Grossman any day.

And that Peyton fumble last year against the Steelers? or the 3-int choke against the pats?

I guess you would have to define clutch.

And that Peyton fumble last year against the Steelers? or the 3-int choke against the pats?

I guess you would have to define clutch.
Peyton isn't perfect, but as I said - comparing him to Grossman I'd still take Peyton every single time.

*SIGH*

Oh well, the game was a microcosm of the season. Rex was bad, Devin was good, and Manning was Manning. I'm happy my team made it during my lifetime. I'm not going to work tomorrow, too many people rubbing my nose in it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back