• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Task manager GONE..again

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
What exactly do you mean by gone? You can't get to it via CTRL + ALT + DEL or right-clicking on the taskbar? Does it not show up or do you get an error?

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
For Vista Business and above:

1) Run gpedit.msc
2) Browse to User Config/Admin Templates/System/Ctrl+Alt+Del Options
3) Set the "Remove Task Manager" option in the right pane to "disabled" or "not Configured"

For other versions of Vista (including Business and above)
1) Browse to the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System registry key
2) Look for a value called "DisableTaskMgr" and delete it.

If this is on a domain, you may or may not have access to the properties as the option to disable the task manager may be pushed down through the group policies at the domain level.

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
For other versions of Vista (including Business and above)
1) Browse to the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System registry key
2) Look for a value called "DisableTaskMgr" and delete it.

If this is on a domain, you may or may not have access to the properties as the option to disable the task manager may be pushed down through the group policies at the domain level.
Worked like a champ..why does it do that?

drz01

Weekend DJ
I have a shortcut to the exe on my desktop for even easier access. it can be found here C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
dunno why it would have changed..

edit:
I have a shortcut to the exe on my desktop for even easier access. it can be found here C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe
Personally, I just hit Ctrl-Shift-Esc

But, neither of these would bring it up if the policy is set to prevent taskmanager from running.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi