• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

System shut down with beeps!!!

hello
I am running windows xp Pro on a amd 2800XP, Gigabyte 7vt600 mobo...512 megs of ram and a nvidia 5200fx with the newest omega drivers...

the system sometimes shuts itself off while beeping....one occurance it beeped 3 times....another time it had one short beep followed by a long beep, and this repeated 3-4 times.....everytime it shut off...I think it is cpu heat related....but there was 2 diddferent types of beeps.....help!!! needed

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
take a look in your motherboard's manual, it will probably have a list of what the different beep codes mean.

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
It does sound like cpu heat related. Is your heatsink firmly attached to your cpu, and the fan spinning freely?

Or better yet, look at your CPU temperature in bios. Use MBM (mother board monitor), the utility that came with your MB, or next time it crashes go to bios at boot and check it there.

yeah....seems I am running a little hot....guess I should look for a new heatsink....the fan is spinning freely....the sink sems pretty damn small for this processor....well i will get a new one and give it a whirl....let ya guys know...thanks :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown