System Restore not working

Z

ZipTriX

Nothing's been done to the pc. Clean install of Win Xp Pro. Taking to make a restore point, but I get an error. I have restarted my pc serveral times and still not working. Someone help please.

dumb question but only thing I can think off right now as I awake from my slumber...

do you have system restore turned on? and how much drive space have you got reserved for the system restore ? just check out the settings and perhaps bump up the disk space reserved for it and try all over again...

might help... again only thing I can think of right now.. :D g.luck

It's turned on ALL but one hard drive. 12% is set aside for the other 2 hard drives.

System restore is very finnicky. This works for me when it craps out. Disable system restore and reboot your machine. This cleans out any past restore points. After rebooting, re-enable System restore and try creating a restore point. It should work now. I have to do this about every other week. Good luck.

Originally posted by daddyo
System restore is very finnicky. This works for me when it craps out. Disable system restore and reboot your machine. This cleans out any past restore points. After rebooting, re-enable System restore and try creating a restore point. It should work now. I have to do this about every other week. Good luck.
That didn't work. Could I have turned off a service? The system restore service has NOT been disabled.

Well, assuming you purged your old restore points as I described, the only surefire way to fix the problem is to reinstall XP on top of itself. Insert your CD and select the upgrade option. It'll take about 45 minutes, but it's much shorter than trying to dick around with the problem. A neater solution is to install Roxio Go Back. Some people swear by it and it's much more comprehensive than System Restore.

There are alot of articles on how to repair System Restore, but none of them worked for me. Search this site for other articles or visit the microsoft website for more information.

Good luck. I'm afraid that's all the help I can give you. I'm more of a hardware guy.

why not turn those services you disabled onto the manual setting to see if u did a no no.

(my 2p worth)

IMO: It's a glitch in XP, you *could* try to disable every process you have running except those needed by Windows and then do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back