system lag problem

koko

Got Root?
not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but i have a prob.

i am experiencing system lag. it doesn't happen when i surf, play games...

it happens when i right click on my start button and explore...

it used to take my system less than 1 second to display all my drives and folders in the left window.

now it takes about 5 or 6 seconds for them to be displayed.

i also notice that it takes about 4 or 5 seconds for the system to rename a file.

has anyone experienced this problem?

btw, i have cleaned out temp internet files, deleted all cookies and defragged all 4 drives...

help! :confused:

15 views and no suggestions... :(

/me patiently waits for smart IT person to show up ;)

well

Well I cant say why right off hand but I can say this after installing the latest SP 1 my stardock winxp effects benchmarks doubled ........ and windows xp pro is a hell of a lot faster now .....

so hang in there either get the SP 1 beta or wait a little bit wont be long should be out real soon

Have u made any sort of changes to the system, installed new s/w or h/w or made any bios changes?

I did see in another tread that some1 hade probs with drives that hade changed from udma to PIO mode after install of some patch from microsoft via autoupdate...

Give us more info and we will try to help u the best we can!

i haven't made any hardware changes in months, but i have loaded some new apps lately....nothing that should slow the system down. i don't have very much running.

i did run an auto update from microshaft the other day - some kind of security patch. could that be the prob?

if this'll help any, my specs are:

1.2 amd
20 gig ibm deskstar, 40 gig west. dig.
1 gig of sdram
winxp pro

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back