System Freezes when listening to music and watching video's plz help!

rryyyannn

OSNN Junior Addict
System freezes when listen 2 music can unfreeze by hitting manual shutdow button?!?!?

Ok so this is really messed up I posten on here about perm2dll.dll b4 and the problem just went away but now when I listen 2 music or watch a video my comp or if I open task manager or when i get a windows warning it will freeze but i hit the Shutdown button on my comp it unfreezes my shutdown button never worked either ne reasons??

Ne help would be great thnx

MDG XP PRO,40Gb,256,P3 733mhz,Creative Graphics blaster Extreme

Re: System freezes when listen 2 music can unfreeze by hitting manual shutdow button?!?!?

You should try slowing down and using better English (and don't use so many abbreviations). I had to read your post five times (literally) to finally understand what you are trying to explain.

Firstly, what application are you using to listen to music or watch videos?

Re: System freezes when listen 2 music can unfreeze by hitting manual shutdow button?!?!?

Well I'm sorry, Well I use Warez and Kazaa but I have tried real player and Windows Media Player, and I have tried it in my CD buring program Acoustica MP3 CD burner.

We don't support the use of "warez".

What version of WMP and on what operating system are you using?

Oh ok, well I think its 8 Because I havn't upgraded it but I installed SP2 and it was 10 but then I started to get this perm2dll.dll error so I uninstalled it. I'm using Windows XP Pro. My system has been running fine for months untill about 2-3 weeks ago I also installed a program when it happened I thought that was it so I unistalled that to no difference.

I see that you have experienced this issue before (as you mentioned).

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=82200

None of those solutions worked obviously. Furthermore, "perm2dll.dll" is not related to WMP 10 (unless it is a plug-in that you use).

Did you try reinstalling WMP 10?

uninstalling WMP 10 will really effect your system, in fact uninstalling any important componant in xp to a lesser version will possibly cause your system to freeze.

I would suggest you reinstall WMP 10, make sure XP pro has all the available updates from MS and see if this helps.

Also make sure you have THE most recent sound AND video drivers.

Download the drivers first, but don't install them.

Uninstall the sound driver, and then install the NEW sound driver, restart system.

Uninstall the video driver, and then install the NEW video driver, restart system.

Does this correct your issue?

If not repost your first question, as i agree with madmatt, i couldn't understand anything you said and i'm not going to read it 5 times, the only reason i even understand this is because Madmatt translated the essense of the message.

Please don't take that wrong but when asking for help you need to be clear and explicit. It just helps us to help you better.

Thanks

Well I updated then unistalled the WMP 10, I installed WMP and I get internal error in application error. I have done that all befor and it doesn't help, everytime I have to restart my computer I have to re-install my audio driver everytime.

it could possibly be a registry issue, or possibly a corrupted o/s.

can you do a screen print of the application error and post it here?

Well my computer has always been wierd and it won't let me take a screen shot. Srry but the window is just small the Top says WMP then in the middle a Exclamation in a triagle and says "an internal application error has occured"

But see music kinda works (for about 20-30seconds) In my Acoustica Cd burner before its freezes then I just hit the ShutDown button on my tower and it unfreezes it.

does the error have ant numbers in it?

Hi, I'm re-posting because my last post no one could understand it sorry guys. When I try to listen to music or watch video's my computer freezes. But if I hit the power button on the tower it un-freezes it.

I have unistalled and re-installed audio drivers, and video drivers hasn't helped.

I have a Pentium III 733Mhz ,Win XP Pro,256 ram, Creative labs Graphics Blaster Extreme ( not Exxtreme).

No it doesn't.

Your system might just be running out of memory.

256mb is a low memory quantity to run XP and the processor is a little on the slow side.

It's the only thing I can think of.

Ensure when running media that you have sufficient free resources to play it. If not, that's your problem right there.

Let us know if you are tapping out your resources or if you still have a lot left.

it may be drastic, but it sounds like your o/s is corrupted, i think it may be prudent to actually save what you need ro can and then format your hard drive and reinstall the o/s

OR and this should be attempted first.

Repair your current o/s by inserted the XP pro disk into the cd (make sure your comp has the CD as the first boot item), press enter when it asks to boot from the xp cd.

When you get to the stage where you need to press f8 do so and the next screen will ask if you want to repair XP, follow the prompts this may, repair whatever is wrong with your os this is far quicker than actually trying to find the issue, should only take about an hour or so, but when it is finished you may need to update windows again.

If this does not correct the issue then a full format reinstall is probably in order.

Well I don't have alot of programs running but I still have lots of resources left. I even took off my anti-virus and firwall to maybe free up some more but didn't change anything.

Ya I will try that but I don't have the Windows disk right now but for sure. Do you know if the cd that comes with a new computer will work ( Its my friend has one but I thought i remeber reading it was like a trial or something maybe I read it wrong?)

yes any fully functioning XP Pro installation cd will work, what you need is a valid legal product key, which i'm sure you have, so your friends CD will work just fine. As long as your Key matches the version of disk, i.e. if it is an upgrade key or a full version key.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back