• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

sysprep screwup?

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi all,

I have a winserver2003 that I am trying to convert to a vmware using vmware convertor. During the wizard it asked for my sysprep files.

I downloaded the sysprep, and installed it into my winserver2003, now, upon reboot, looks like it is reinstalling winserver2003 all over again.

Is this right? I stopped it cause I don't want to lose any info on those drives, it is my webserver.

How should I proceed?

Thanks

Heeter

Heeter

Well I dismantled my raid array, then I proceeded to continue the server install, added my key, and the windows server desktop came back. So looks like I am okay. It looks like it screwed up mysql, but I will wait to reboot once my raid array finishes rebuilding itself.

Heeter

Heeter

update:

Well, I finished rebuilding the raid array, and my problem which I thought was with mysql, was actually with my php instead. The session.saved temp folders somehow disappeared. But I created new ones within the php directory, and redirected the php.ini to them.

So now I finished creating a vmware folder using vmware convertor, and now I am in the process of loading it into my Linux/VMWare server.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown