sysprep screwup?

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi all,

I have a winserver2003 that I am trying to convert to a vmware using vmware convertor. During the wizard it asked for my sysprep files.

I downloaded the sysprep, and installed it into my winserver2003, now, upon reboot, looks like it is reinstalling winserver2003 all over again.

Is this right? I stopped it cause I don't want to lose any info on those drives, it is my webserver.

How should I proceed?

Thanks

Heeter

Heeter

Well I dismantled my raid array, then I proceeded to continue the server install, added my key, and the windows server desktop came back. So looks like I am okay. It looks like it screwed up mysql, but I will wait to reboot once my raid array finishes rebuilding itself.

Heeter

Heeter

update:

Well, I finished rebuilding the raid array, and my problem which I thought was with mysql, was actually with my php instead. The session.saved temp folders somehow disappeared. But I created new ones within the php directory, and redirected the php.ini to them.

So now I finished creating a vmware folder using vmware convertor, and now I am in the process of loading it into my Linux/VMWare server.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moussa021