• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Switch from xp home to xp pro

T

tprime

I have a brand new computer that I just built. I installed xp home for a couple of days while I waited for my pro version to be delivered. I have nothing saved on the home version that I want to keep. Do I need to uninstall my current OS or do I just run the pro version and it will prompt me to overwrite?

chastity

Staff member
Political User
You could overwrite the XP Home install but I think you would be better off formatting then installing XP Pro that way you shouldn't have any problems.

J

JustinCredible

Just pop in the Pro CD and boot from it. On the partition screen just delete your old partition and make a new one and install.

Yeah, like Chasity said, don't do the upgrade. It would probably just cause you more problems.

Have fun!

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
Personally i did upgrade from Home to Pro (on my work) PC, without any problems.

But since you have nothing to save, its best to start a fresh with a clean install

upgrade. . . .

I did the upgrade about 4 months ago from XP Home to Pro. .. .

I haven't had a single problem/glitch/slow-down/whatever. . .it's run perfectly.. . .

p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies