• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

suggestions for an ATX case

I recently purchased an ECS K7S5A motherboard and when I went to upgrade my current ECS K7VZA I ran into a small problem. When I went to hookup the controls for the front panel, I never could figure out how to hook them up correctly and therefore I couldn't get the damn thing to power up. Luckily I was able to get the K7VZA put back in there and was able to hook it back up correctly and power it up. From what I could tell, the front panel control plugs didn't really match up with what the instruction manual for the K7S5A should be plugging into each one. Maybe my case needs an upgrade as well...can anyone offer any suggestions for a new case that will hopefully be EASY to hook up correctly?...:)

yep...its ATX as well...but the directions in the manual for the motherboard dont seem to jive with the connectors I have to hook up...*shrug*

But if it's standard it should fit. This is what you should have:
- Power button (PWR BTN), two pins
- Reset button (RST), two pins
- Harddisk LED (HDD), two wires
- Power LED (PWR LED), two wires, one at each end of a three-pin connector
- Speaker (SPK), two wires, one at each end of a four-pin connector
These have corresponding pins on the mobo. Are you sure you read the manual right?

K

Khimaros

I just got an AVGS Cyber Fusion in black, it's the most gorgeous case I have ever seen in my life, screwless assembly, masses of space inside without seeming much bigger than a standard case as well. it's just perfect.
u can get them from www.thecoolingshop.co.uk for £75.20. go take a look, see the loveliness for yourself. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix