• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Suggest A Good Music Program (PC)

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
After Muzikools site, I want to get back into doing music again as i did in england, i used to use Cubase ( i think that was what it was called), is there anything like that, basically a program that you can create music on your pc?

well in searching i found cubase, i think i'm just going to go with that, who knows perhaps muzikool will have to save a slot for me.

Last edited:

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
thanks KC, for the sound forge program, can i actually create music on the pc, or do i need to purchase instruments to record onto the product?

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I have worked with DJ computing, pretty much setting up computers for DJ's. Using many types of software, but most (any good ones) are over $40.

If you are interested in those types I will give you names and links.

Mixing and matching already made songs, Audicity of course.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Yeah, SoundForge is primarily for editing, although I have done some tracks that I have recorded via a microphone. I have found from comparison however the sound quality of a track recorded via SoundForge is not as high as other programs, like Cake Walk for example as Petros suggested

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
Has anyone here use cubase recently, its about $560 so $40 would be ok to :) i'll look at cakewalk

petros what do you do to work with sound forge all day?

edit: well i followed that MS link and it also touted cubase, i think thats what i am going to go for....

Thanks all

Last edited:
I don't work with it all day anymore; most of what I use it for now is to make ringtones lol... When I worked in radio, though, I used it a ton to produce ads, PSAs, and liners.

Once again, I second Audacity... For a free program (or even most paid ones) it's pretty decent. Also, Cakewalk is really good for recording - SoundForge was pretty good a few years ago so I'm sure it's even better now. If you want more dj type software I would recommend VirtualDJ - it's the best dj software I came across yet.

To create different instrument's sounds on your pc you will probably have to go midi. The only good midi program I can recommend would be Garageband for Mac, but since you said pc...

Here is a list of software packs that I found. - Most of them will probably support a little keyboard input via midi to which you could setup virtually any instrument to.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/key/navigation?EC=5269&N=100001+305268

Good Luck :)

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
I plan on concentrating on VST within whichever program i use, so for now i wont need a keyboard.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown