Staying anonymous

ming

OSNN Advanced
Has anyone wanted to hide their own IP while they surf the net?

I've been looking around for anonymous proxy servers and got hold of one of the server IP. I entered the IP into the LAN/proxy section in IE>Connection Settings - but when I come to loading web pages, they don't load up. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong with that I've done please?

I'd rather use a proxy server than those proxy softwares because I find them very annoying.

you can try myie2,it is easy to ues proxy server in myie2.

Search this section for information regarding this topic. Limited though it may be as this is something we do not discuss with ease.

I do not recommend the use of anonymous proxy servers, most of the proxys are setup and reside on compromised hosts.

Originally posted by Enyo
Search this section for information regarding this topic. Limited though it may be as this is something we do not discuss with ease.

I do not recommend the use of anonymous proxy servers, most of the proxys are setup and reside on compromised hosts.

Enyo, what would you recommend as an alternative to an anonymous proxy server?

Alphasheild

I recently spotted this device from my local supplier, it claims to hide your IP through connections made. Althought without a proxy I don't see how it could possibly stop websites from getting atleast some of your personal information.

Check it out for yourself HERE

FAQ

Its just a firewall device, it does not "hide" the IP address it just stealths the systems behind it.

Originally posted by Enyo

No they're not, just stay away from those located in C.I.@-Land and their friends. Never the less... Enyo is right, all proxy-servers should be treated with care. There isn't one ISP in the western hemisphere that wouldn't close down a user for using other's network and bandwidth without permission.

Originally posted by Pastorn
No they're not, just stay away from those located in C.I.@-Land and their friends. Never the less... Enyo is right, all proxy-servers should be treated with care. There isn't one ISP in the western hemisphere that wouldn't close down a user for using other's network and bandwidth without permission.

No most of them are not compromised hosts?

I find the vast majority are if you look at them closely (You can play spot the MX record for most of them)

No network admin would run a legitimate anonymous proxy.

Elroy, the various sites that offer it pretty much stick, even the premium services :)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back