Start button

tommy

OSNN Member
Hi there :)
Is it possible to change the colour of the start button? :confused:

Sure it is possible, alas not with two or three mouseclicks.

1. You'll have to patch uxtheme.dll to enable non default visual styles.
2. You need to edit the luna.msstyles file.

Both files are under Windows File Protection.

1. http://www.belchfire.net/article205.html

2. Download ResBuilder and install it. (Alternatively Resource Hacker, but Resbuilder has some advantages when editing pictures.)

Start Resbuilder and open C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Luna\luna.msstyles. In the bitmap section find BLUE_STARTBUTTON_BMP and in the right pane click the Edit button to send it to your favorite graphics editor and edit it to your liking Don't replace the pink color. This one is used as a placeholder for transparent areas.. When finished click File - Save to send it back to Resbuilder. There click File again, but this time Save As. Save it as luna.msstyles to any directory other than the original one.

Open Windows Explorer, look in Windows\system32\dllcache and if present Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 for a file called luna.mst, delete or rename it and copy your modified file in under this name.
Boot into safe mode, rename the original C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Luna\luna.msstyles file and copy your modified file there. If there are File Protection popups answer them with cancel and yes. Reboot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back