SP2 - When?

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
So when is the official release of sp2 suppose to happen? I'm hanging out to do a slipstream & format.

Xie

- geek -
I've read that the release date has been moved back to July.

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
OK. Well it's getting closer.........sort of. :D

Slipstream July....slipstream July.......slipstream, format July........slipstream, format July........

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
July is good. I'll be done with finals by then, so I might go with a format too.

ming

OSNN Advanced
I don't understand why there are so many people who are desparately trying to make a XPSP2 CD using beta versions. Why don't they just wait until the final is released. lol.
Not talking about you guys here.

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Yeah can't understand it either. Waste of a disk & time. I am hanging out for the official release though.

trackrat

Birmingham UK
Hipster Doofus said:
Yeah can't understand it either. Waste of a disk & time. I am hanging out for the official release though.
I concur the official release for me.

Xie

- geek -
Sadly nothing is ever "final" release with Microsoft. :p

Xie

- geek -
Also for that reason I'll probably wait a few weeks to install it .. let it do a more mass "beta" testing/patching. :D

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I'm itching to reformat now. I wonder if I can wait another couple of months to do it.

then just reformate :) i did it lasy night. (not my idea but sometimes system restore donesnt like being played with) the auto patcher Xp worked great. 250 meg download. but i got back up in no time and i had to reboot only 3 times with a formate/install and patches. (maybe 4)

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
The main thing I fear is redoing the amount of GUI customization that I've done. I've got most of the files saved and whatnot, but hacking this DLL and that DLL is just more work. And of course I just won't be satisfied with the default XP shell. :shrug: :)

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
muzikool said:
The main thing I fear is redoing the amount of GUI customization that I've done. I've got most of the files saved and whatnot, but hacking this DLL and that DLL is just more work. And of course I just won't be satisfied with the default XP shell. :shrug: :)
I don't get the pasion people running xo have with reformats muzicool. My computer is so much faster long into the instal then when I first get the os running, and ya, plenty has to do with the interface settings, but plenty also has to do with optimization the os does for itself

I do love to read about the reformatt strategies you guys have though.

but I still wonder

Graebob

Generally Random
My current reformat strategy has consisted of putting win2k on this comp. Its MUCH faster for my current setup, but it does lack nice features over XP. Having never used windows 2000, my jury is still out in this feature.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
You'll regret it, I went back to 2k remembering how much faster and better it was.. well, it's not :D 2k makes you realise just how good XP is (I think, anyway)

Xie

- geek -
Yeah I've never really understood how ppl can format like what seems constantly. Every system I've had I run till I upgrade w/out any problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glen