SP2 Information & Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed fine, works fine, lots of others also write same, I will stick M$ version on my main machine.

Downloaded, installed, and working without a glitch.
http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2355/WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU-exe.torrent

This is the genuine thing. MD5 checksums match with the official WindowsBeta version, and the file is digitally signed by MS. It starts off rather slowly, but the speed picks up quickly because of the number of peers. Was able to get the whole thing in about an hour and 20 mins.

The UXtheme file I posted earlier patches the system fine, and themes are working. SP2 even cut down my bootup time significantly somehow...odd.

same here...sped up a lot of things for me!

very weird

Tuffgong4 said:
same here...sped up a lot of things for me!

very weird
I guess that's a good thing. For some reason, things just seem smoother.
happy.gif

I installed it on my room pc. Seems to run really well. Haven't done the laptop yet, might do it tomorrow if i get the opportunity.

wow that install took longer then downloading it hehehe took me more then a hour too install it, but works fine with me, even the build in security center is compatible with my NIS 2004 :D yay !

mmm only the latest style xp is not compatible and not working anymore with SP2, well me gonna use WindowsXP SP2 UXTheme.dll Patch then :D

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering - besides all the bugs it fixes what else does it install like does it update windows media player, windows movie maker etc etc etc???

i d/l'd it installed it and it made my system sluggish so i uninstalled it. also, with sp2 i couldn't change themes. i could only use the 2 default themes that xp has.

that solves that but it doesn't help the fact that my comp was running very slow and my net connection was slow as well.

Finally against my better judgment I've downloaded and installed the RTM release of SP2 instead of waiting for the public release, and one of the major questions I had been wondering about since testing one of the early betas was answered.

Is AVG compatible with SP2's antivirus detection method? Yes, it is, see attached screenshot; thought I'd clear that up for anyone else wondering.

if you are slipstreaming sp2 where do you put the patched uxtheme to make sure that one installs?

Tuffgong4 said:
if you are slipstreaming sp2 where do you put the patched uxtheme to make sure that one installs?
It's here on the forum someplace .. use search :p Sorry for the vague answer but I'm just about off to bed or I'd look/link for ya.

Tuffgong4 said:
1) Download the patched uxtheme.dll file
2) From the command prompt, run 'makecab uxtheme.dll' (without the quotes)
3) Use the uxtheme.dl_ file that's generated to overwrite the original uxtheme.dl_ file in the i386 folder of the setup CD.

smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back