SP1 question

S

Sux

I have been doing a number of up dates lately from Windows update including the one for internet explorer.
I now have 12 files in add /remove programs called HOT FIX (SP1).
Can anyone who has down loaded SP1 as a single package tell me if they have more than 12# HOT FIX (SP1) files in there add/remove programs,so I know if I have them all.
Windows update is only offering SP1 as a package now so I'm wondering, if there are more updates I need should I download the set and hope they over write OK or look for the remainder seperatly.

The pupose of sp1

Is to have your updates in one package I slipstreamed sp1 in my XPpro and installed it from my bootable cd made with nero and there are no updates listed in add remove not even sp1 is listed in add remove , I went back to windows updates and the same 3 that I had left there are still listed as updates for me one is the .net frame stuff , the wmp9 beta ( no thanks) and some crap about making my computer safer guide mmmmm dont need lessons from uncle Bill on security kind of like asking a blind man to teach me to drive .... so if you install your sp1 if I remember you will have only one or two of those things left in add remove. After I had installed the sp1 1106 from M$ without using the slipstream that is what I remember I think it is only one or two that are listed but you will have sp1 in add /remove so could uninstall it if you had problems.

i have sp1 listed in add/remove

i chose to archive it when installing it just in case i didnt like it or somethin...eats up disk space tho:(

but after installin sp1 all the hotfixes disappeared from add/remove

Originally posted by [CpK]Bastid
i have sp1 listed in add/remove

so did I when I installed

i chose to archive it when installing it just in case i didnt like it or somethin...eats up disk space tho:(

yes and after a few days and testing I said ok good enough and made a slipstreamed bootable cd

but after installin sp1 all the hotfixes disappeared from add/remove

now sp1 is installed by default so it is not in add remove and of course niether are any other updates cuz I dont want the ones that are offered right now

Thanks

Thanks for the feed back every one particularly the link to the individual SP1 updates .After reading though them all I find most of them don't relate to any issue I have ever had or any part of XP I ever intend using ,so I'll just stick with the 12 updates I have + the USB 2.0 compatibility and the hanging on shut down one that a couple of friends have,then keep backups of them for reinstalls.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back