• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

sound card questions

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Ok... i'm kinda looking at getting a new sound card, since as of right now i'm using my on-board AC97 surround sound. Was kinda eyeballing the Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Limited Edition, but being rather poor doesn't help the $110+ price tag. So my question is.... What is the big difference between the ZS Gamer and the regular ZS?

uhm the name on the box... the cards are all identical :D

Pickup an audigy 2 zs oem, the closer you can get to "anti-static bag + card + driver cd" the better :D

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
The extra money you pay for the "gamer" version is for the "free" games that come with it.

Just do like Lord said then buy games you want with the money you save.

These are the titles that come with the gamer version or did last time I checked Creatives site.
  • Star Wars® Jedi Knight®: Jedi Academy™
  • Halo® Combat Evolved
  • Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness™
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® 3: Raven Shield™
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® (Includes 3 additional missions)

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
LA, weren't u one of the people that were saying before that i should definitely look to getting the ZS Gamer a while back when i was debating on getting a sound card or not? lol. thx for the advice though. now i might be able to save myself $50+

yeah that'd do. If you got a local retailer that can sell you just the card and driver cd in an antistatic bag you could probably get under $50.

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
so, there's basically no difference between the ZS Gamer and the regular ol' ZS? just that the ZS Gamer is a ZS with "free" games? the ZS gamer doesn't support better sound qualities/modes and stuff like that?

its the same card, just the retail box comes with varying "freebies" that you actually are paying for given the price tag :p

I have an OEM card (plastic bag, card + cd) arriving as soon as ebuyer.com ship it :)

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
ElementalDragon said:
so, there's basically no difference between the ZS Gamer and the regular ol' ZS? just that the ZS Gamer is a ZS with "free" games? the ZS gamer doesn't support better sound qualities/modes and stuff like that?
Just buy the cheaper one :p. There is no diff between the two, other than the game bundles.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown