• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sony reader eBook - anyone?

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Has anyone got one of these?

I have a particular question - can you take your OWN book and format and upload it? Or are you restricted with DRM and all that shiz? :(

I have my reasons for asking - they are not against guidelines, because I wrote a novella as part of NaNoWriMo last year and if I can ever afford one of these to replace my stolen web-book and laptop it would be kinda neat to carry my own book(s) around too!

bmclaughlin807

Let's blow something up.
Political User
Here ya go:
Sony said:
More Than eBooks

The Reader Digital Book isn’t just about reading eBooks. Using the included eBook Library 2.0 PC Software, you can easily transfer Adobe® PDF documents, Microsoft Word documents, BBeB Book, and other text file formats to the Reader, allowing you the flexibility to access and view multiple files at any time.

Luna

OSNN Senior Addict
I am not sure about the Sony. I know the upcoming Amazon Kindle 2 will allow you to do this, but they will also charge 10 cents per document. I take it you already have the Sony though so this is not much help : x

bmclaughlin

Let's break something.
I am not sure about the Sony. I know the upcoming Amazon Kindle 2 will allow you to do this, but they will also charge 10 cents per document. I take it you already have the Sony though so this is not much help : x
I have a coworker that received a Kindle for Christmas... you can upload documents from a computer to it using USB.

Luna

OSNN Senior Addict
Good to know, I was not sure about that. I know it had a USB port. I think the 10 cents per document may have been for wireless transfers over their network.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
I have yet to try with other formats - but recently transfered a .pdf file there using native file xfer and it was good to go picked up by the native software ands displayed per any other ebook right away,... I suspect .pdf format is the key...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test