• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Software Raid in XP

W

waddy

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314343

In the Disk Management window, right-click unallocated space on one of the dynamic disks in which you want to create the RAID-5 volume, and then click New Volume .

In the New Volume Wizard, click Next .

Click RAID-5 volume , and then click Next .

Under All available dynamic disks , click the disks in which you want to create the volume, and then click Add .

Verify that the disks in which you want to create a RAID-5 volume are listed in the Selected dynamic disks box. There must be at least three disks in this list.

In the Size box, specify the amount of unallocated disk space to use for the volume, and then Next .

Assign a drive letter or path, and then click Next .

Specify the formatting options that you want, and then click Next .

Confirm that the options that you selected are correct, and then click Finish .

The RAID-5 volume is created, and it appears in the appropriate dynamic disks in the Disk Management window.

Quit Disk Management .

A

AznGuru

Actually, now that I've actually read it, Raid 5 is not supported in XP. I have to use 2000 Advanced Server to do it....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fontjohnson