• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Software DTS Decoder

Is there any such thing as a software DTS decoder?

I could get a hardware decoder for my Klipsch Promedia 5.1s, but it would cost $70.

Krux

Nissan Powered
same with my SB live 5.1 with ac3 DD decoder and my Nforce 2 soundstorm also with a DD decoder built on speakers just don't like it. I think that 70 dallor part takes the anolog inputs from the speakers and converts it into a spidif connection for DTS but im not sure

Originally posted by Krux
sounds useless maybe but spidif is 1 cord and is digital so it has better sound.
You're right of course, but if you have a converter with an analogue side it doesn't really matter if you ask me. 3 analogue cables can be put together anyway (taped, striped, cable hose).

it's not if you are taking it from a analogue source, you're right, the quality is better if it never goes trough a DAC, but if the converter takes Analogue from the PC, and converts it to a SPDIF, it's going through a DAC, then ADC, then another DAC. That's lossy, and if anything, it's worse quality than the Analogue connections would be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies