so pissed off.

im so pissed off some @#$hole tried to break into my car....... they stuck a metal file or something into the key hole and tried to rip it out.. lucky my ford withstood it.. but the cover and little spring thing so water keeps out is all messed up. us... thats what i get for leaving my cell phone in plain site.

Could be worse.
Someone could reverse into the side of your car and flee the scene.

Cos me $600

sraycoz said:
thats what i get for leaving my cell phone in plain site.

ur lucky then, normally any idiot can force the lock to the upper left to pop the lock, looks like they got disturbed, my cars got a screwdriverd lock on 1 side and the handel ripped off on the other, now they must look at it and think, whats the point its fecked....

sraycoz said:
they stuck a metal file or something into the key hole and tried to rip it out..
tis called a slide hammer, and the screw welded onto the end must have been to short... not that i know anything about it like... :confused:

I've only had one person try to break into my Escalade while I was in the store. He was foiled due to me having a silent alarm that rings my cell phone. Of course, I think he was more startled by me showing up swinging than I was with him attempting to break in my truck. No damage was done, however. Funny, everything in my truck is coded to only work in my truck so taking anything out of it would have been very stupid (not to mention that he could not steal the truck due to satellite keys and, of course, OnStar).

Reg said:
Funny, everything in my truck is coded to only work in my truck so taking anything out of it would have been very stupid (not to mention that he could not steal the truck due to satellite keys and, of course, OnStar).

How does that work? and what do u mean satellite keys?

wel mine is stealable.. and i doubt he saw the 12 inch subs and 800 watt amp in the back or he would of tryed harder.. hehe oh well learned good lessson from this dont leave **** people want to take in plain site.

Admiral Michael said:
Some VW's have coded things like the stereo when taken out of the car, you have to have a dealer recode it for you before you can use it in any car again ;) So once you remove it from harness in car its useless unless you have a dealer buddy.

-edit- I imagine the salellite keys go along w/ onstar making it possible to track the vehicle :)

My sisters boyfriends Golf was screwdrivered under the lock 3 times by the same people while he was in university, he even put a metal plate under the whole to deter it from happening again. Now he's sold that car and has a Corrado (loverly car :D) which he doesnt take anywhere near there!

Admiral Michael said:

A satellite key works by having a radio transmitter embedded into your key. When you insert your key into the ignition, the key transmits a signal to the cars processor. The ID on the key is verified from the dealer database via satellite (satellite transmitter is in the car). If the key's ID matches, the satellite will return a signal to the car allowing it to start. If it doesn't, the car will flash the security light and not start. The whole process takes about a second. Mercedes was the first company to use the technology. Then followed Ford and now GM.

Well if they actually gave 5 years minimum hard labor to all thieves, burgulars, drug dealers then it would stop 90% of crime straight away.

I don't own nor drive any vehicle so I can only symphasise with ya'll

Reg said:
A satellite key works by having a radio transmitter embedded into your key. When you insert your key into the ignition, the key transmits a signal to the cars processor. The ID on the key is verified from the dealer database via satellite (satellite transmitter is in the car). If the key's ID matches, the satellite will return a signal to the car allowing it to start. If it doesn't, the car will flash the security light and not start. The whole process takes about a second. Mercedes was the first company to use the technology. Then followed Ford and now GM.
I thought it was a bit simpler that that. Just a transponder in the key which talks to the immobiliser in the car. If the car doesn't recognise the key the car won't start!

Lee said:
Well if they actually gave 5 years minimum hard labor to all thieves, burgulars, drug dealers then it would stop 90% of crime straight away.

I don't own nor drive any vehicle so I can only symphasise with ya'll
So true.The age of political correctness dictates that we are no longer responsible for our own behaviour.Its always someone elses fault(see Oprah Winfrey).Ergo,no more punishment to suit the crime.Ergo,whats to deter criminal activity?If enough peep buy into this kinda logic(or lack of it),maybe I really can sell that beach front property in Arizona. :p

Lee said:
Problem is 95% of these criminals don't plan on getting caught .. just like the bank robbers and all the other dumb arses. :p

Reminds me of when I was 16 a couple of friends of mine and I were coming out of a mall here in miami and we saw some punk a$$hole trying to break into my buddy's truck (Ford Bronco)...lets just say that guy will think twice...then again, then look around for the owner before he tries that agin. He did not get arrested, what my friend did to him was enough.

Well a lout (thug) who had been convicted of burgulary and had 651 other accounts (other burgularies he held his hands upto, thus being for the old bill to clear them up) taken into consideration got 200 hours of community service for his conviction.

Why ohhh why must you ask, well the lout and his solicitior (lawyer) argued that when he was 3 years old his mum and dad took him to the seaside (beach) and he asked for an ice cream (as he saw other children eating some at the sea side). They refused to buy the lout one that was his excuse for doing the crimes he did.

I hearby wish death to all politically correct people by an old English tradition. Tying their hands to a horse their feet to another and sending the Horses in opposite directions.

I understand that some people don't know right from wrong and should get a second chance after serving sometime for their crime(s), thus on release should know better, what the hell is the World (Western world) coming to.

I just thought I would add that in Britain 100 people are responsible for 1 million crimes that happen each year, from drugs, muggings, theft, burgularies, car theft, etc.

Take them out of the equation and we could have a crime free society where we can get along just fine.

Drug addicts commit the most crimes in Britain, certain drugs are banned for a reason, a very good reason as they have the potential to ruin peoples lives etc..

Just think the amount of crimes a drug addict commits, to sometimes support a £700 a day habbit. Burgulary at least 4 a day, shopliffting, at least 5, muggings at least 2, each day every day.

You can't legalise class A drugs like cocaine, imagine someone on coke driving a car to work, or a school bus, public transport, sheeeeet carnaige.

Crime in Britain costs me and you, the tax payer an extra £2,500 py, in extra policing, insurance premiums, having to have burgular alarms, car alarms, fraud technology, stolen credit ID's, the list could go on...and.........on and onnnnnn......

all i know is id gladly of paid the 66 dollars it is going to take to fix the lock for the chance of running into the @#@# doing it.. all i can say is knee caps would of been involved... and a blunt object.

but what can i saw. as is life i get the shaft and get to pay the 66.

Lee said:
Well a lout (thug) who had been convicted of burgulary and had 651 other accounts (other burgularies he held his hands upto, thus being for the old bill to clear them up) taken into consideration got 200 hours of community service for his conviction.

Why ohhh why must you ask, well the lout and his solicitior (lawyer) argued that when he was 3 years old his mum and dad took him to the seaside (beach) and he asked for an ice cream (as he saw other children eating some at the sea side). They refused to buy the lout one that was his excuse for doing the crimes he did.

I hearby wish death to all politically correct people by an old English tradition. Tying their hands to a horse their feet to another and sending the Horses in opposite directions.

I understand that some people don't know right from wrong and should get a second chance after serving sometime for their crime(s), thus on release should know better, what the hell is the World (Western world) coming to.

I just thought I would add that in Britain 100 people are responsible for 1 million crimes that happen each year, from drugs, muggings, theft, burgularies, car theft, etc.

Take them out of the equation and we could have a crime free society where we can get along just fine.

Drug addicts commit the most crimes in Britain, certain drugs are banned for a reason, a very good reason as they have the potential to ruin peoples lives etc..

Just think the amount of crimes a drug addict commits, to sometimes support a £700 a day habbit. Burgulary at least 4 a day, shopliffting, at least 5, muggings at least 2, each day every day.

You can't legalise class A drugs like cocaine, imagine someone on coke driving a car to work, or a school bus, public transport, sheeeeet carnaige.

Crime in Britain costs me and you, the tax payer an extra £2,500 py, in extra policing, insurance premiums, having to have burgular alarms, car alarms, fraud technology, stolen credit ID's, the list could go on...and.........on and onnnnnn......

The problem is that 99% of drug users do not commit crimes.

Duh they they are responsible for 90% of crimes in the UK.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back