smart people look at this

C

Cameron203

hey sometimes when i am on my desktop i will not be touching anything and it will start opening up windows and scrolling through start menu and opening up files and folders. Could this be a conflict with my soundcard????????
please help
I did a clean install of xp from me my sound drivers are crystal codec audio amc 97

EWWWWWWW by the sounds of it --

You have and are being haX0rEd .... someone has a trojan running on your machine ....

I would do a full virus scan, find a trojan killer app and see what one it is on your system ......

sounds like the netbus days lol

or your computers satanised i tell ya!
scan for satans all around the computer, inside, fans everywhere
even open your harddisk up and check in the partitions :p
and if you find it... open your cdrom, turn the power on... and shoot that laser at it and fry it!

new form of ghostbusters :->

If it's a friendly hacker you'll be able to get back here and read this stuff. I'm glad you know how to do a clean install... save your important stuff and do it again friend, it's the only way you'll know your system is clean for sure. Get yourself a rock solid firewall (ZoneAlarm), and a top-shelf anti-virus utility (Norton
AV 2002). Get Norton AV up and running right after you re-install XP and do a sweep of EVERYTHING you plan to install. Sorry to here you got invaded. Hopefully you didn't get your bios chip whacked or any other nastiness that can be done by that type of invasion/rape.

wow freaky stuff....

and i am quite computer illiterate, but...i have internet access, where i have to connect everytime i restart windows...

Its DSL...but does my IP change every time?

nope
dsl is 99% of the time static ip
Dynamic is dialups... although some isps's do give you a chance to have dynamic for dsl...

i have norton 2002 and i have rr which is static ip too
i don't think it is a virus but what you said about a trojan horse is funny because i am always getting alerts from norton internet security which i have too

the problem just started when i installed madden 2002 i called ea sports and they said they think that its a sound card issue
does anyone know why a sound card would effect the scrolling?

I have DSL and my IP changes every time o log of and on.

if you are with BT openworld (adsl) you dont have the choice you get a dynamic ip so it is always different every time you log on

I have a connection from Telenor a company in norway, they have ADSl with diffrent IP everytime im loging on.

thats very nice.

BT Openworld

Nope... it doesn't ALWAYS change when u reconnect m8...

MdSalih - Running off BT Openworld... getting faster connection then i should... by double!

Sorry man to hear about that.... I'm in the ITS and I have faced your problem. There are 2 possibilities:
1) Virus
2) Dead CPU

If you checked for virus.... then there is only one thing left

Not as bad as you might think....

Hey Cameron, I don't think you have too much to worry about. It's VERY unlikey that a Trojan will do this kind of thing to your machine and not leave any lasting effects.

You're right, the problems you're having could well be to do with your sound drivers (or any other driver for that matter). On the other hand they could be due to other things too....

Firstly (and bare with me on this one), do you have any radio transmitting devices near your PC? For instance some kind of walkie talkie or old mobiles are prime culprits for this. Also check that your mouse cable isn't damaged in any way or if you have a mouse extension cable, take it off for a while & see if the problem goes away. I've worked in IT Support for a long time now and have seen this kind of thing happen quite a lot in the past!

Secondly, update ALL you system drivers to the most recent you can find. If you suspect it may be specifically due to your soundcard, remove all sound devices from device manager then reboot and allow the machine to add the devices back. Check that you don't have any IRQs being shared by devices that don't get on too well. If you do, the reinstall the drivers for them. If you know how to change your BIOS IRQ assignments, that is a good way to stop some of the sharing you may have.

Good luck!

Do you have office XP installed?

If so, try disabling the voice recognition /command features.... I have seen similar posts before and that ussually worked for people.

Kejtar

Go to www.zonealarm.com and get the free version of zone alarm. Set the permissions to "request for internet access" . I know of someonne that has dynamic ISP ADSL and was still getting hacked. The bugger had a trojan in the system that would send out a transmission when he was connected to the IP. Zone Alarm caught it trying to send a packet out and we were able to trace it to an IRC channel. Was also able to find it on the system when Norton and trojan killers couldnt. Ended up being a small script file.

Cameron why dont you go through the process of elimination ? Start by removing the sound card......If that doesn't work remove the mouse...just some food for thought.Good luck...PS my gutt says trojan horse.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back