• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Slave CD-RW ROM Drive Question

K

KiDLiQuiD

Had a question about installing a game from a slave CD-ROM ROM drive. Is it safe to or not? I've been trying to install several games from my secondary drive but I get Data Error messages or sometimes it just locks up. When I try to install from my primary drive, it installs fine. The secondary drive which is a CD-RW drive burns CD's fine and rips music, why won't it install games?

SkazzyUK

XP-erience Oldie
Sounds kanckered to me, maybe buy a lens cleaning kit, ask in a computer store for one that is safe to use on CD/RW drives, that should do the trick if not, try switching it with the primary drive see if it will install a game then, if it does then the secondary channel is knackered, if it doesn't read the cd/rw is knackered, which you can either buy a new CD/RW or just carry on using the primary drive :)

Skazz

Taurus

hardware monkey
Originally posted by KiDLiQuiD
Had a question about installing a game from a slave CD-ROM ROM drive. Is it safe to or not? I've been trying to install several games from my secondary drive but I get Data Error messages or sometimes it just locks up. When I try to install from my primary drive, it installs fine. The secondary drive which is a CD-RW drive burns CD's fine and rips music, why won't it install games?
i think you're mixing up terms. there are the Primary and Secondary ide channels and on each of those, you have a Master and a Slave.

so i'm going to guess you mean you have two optical drives on the same channel... and the master works fine but the slave doesn't. this wouldn't have anything to do if it was master or slave, as long as you have your jumpers set correctly and the drives are plugged into the correct ends of the ide cable. that means master on the end, slave in the middle. i'm sure the cdrw is going bad or something. have you tried various game cd's? are they all originals and not burned copies? are they clean and scratch-free?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix