Simcity3000 still a problem in Xp ????

S

soefkenijn

I have win XP pro and simcity isn't working at all.
It just don't start.
Is there a patch for this?

Nothing on Maxis or simcity.com.:confused:

K

KLoWn

It works on my system it is just SLOW as a 386 computer running windows 98 ;) ..

Does anyone know a tweek to get it to run faster?

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
mmmmmmmm???

I dont know what to tell you I have simcity3000 and it was not installed I read this post and stayed on-line installed it and ran it right away without any problems ........ it runs smoother and better than it did on Win98SE I never touched anything just installed and ran it sorry guys dont know whats wrong here ....... and I have a dinosauer of a puter Aptiva 400mhz....with ATI crappy 8mb video card (soon to be changed) thats my mext purchase.......... good luck with that problem:cool:

S

soefkenijn

The only way I can Think of right now is to install Win ME back and make a dual boot whit XP.
It's the only way to play my favorite game.

I found nothing to solve the problem.

L

Laurens

Hi Ya'll,

I know this sounds rather dumd but have you ever tried XP without serious tweaking??? First month that I used it I installed everything and tested it on the speeds, all was OK. After I started tweaking alot of games wouldn't load anymore or they became slow as hell. Especially with the services things can go wrong, I'm only using Tweak UI and a few register hacks.

BTW: I'm playing SC3K World Edition and never had any problems

C

chisoxguy

sc3000 & XP

I am running p2 450 w/ 256mb and I am having problems as well running sc3000. I am getting the launcher screen and when I click on install, the install shield goes to 99% and craps out. If anyone has an idea why, please help. If I have to go back to ME that would really suck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahulpandy