silent startup and shut down

ejn74

Average Dude!
Political Access
how do you do it on an older Imac running 10.2.8

Also I am wondering how do I make it so i can see the files on my windows machines?

Thanks People!

I assume by silent you mean the boot-up-all-is-well-bong? Just set the volume to mute before shutting down and your next boot will be bong-free. Alternatively just pop some head-phones into the relevant socket.

As for the windows files, just share something on the windows machine, then hop into finder and click the network icon, or use Command-K to initiate the "Connect to..." window.

Thanks for the response. I was able to figure the sharing out.

I assume by silent you mean the boot-up-all-is-well-bong? Just set the volume to mute before shutting down and your next boot will be bong-free. Alternatively just pop some head-phones into the relevant socket.

As for the windows files, just share something on the windows machine, then hop into finder and click the network icon, or use Command-K to initiate the "Connect to..." window.

Just as a heads up to people with MacBook Pro's, even if you have headphones plugged in, the bootup sound WILL play through the internal speakers. The only way to silence it on those is to mute the sound before a shutdown.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back