• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sharemonkey Speedup ?

Z

ZAnwar

Is this program good?

I am using it and I would give it a 5/10.

It doesn't take my speed up high, my speed is still roaming around 3KB or less in Kazaa Lite.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
It doesnt matter if its web browsing, KaZaA or checking your pop3 e-mail.
Its all just a data stream going through your modem, and you cant make it any faster than it is, simple as that really :)

E

enonemoose

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
It doesnt matter if its web browsing, KaZaA or checking your pop3 e-mail.
Its all just a data stream going through your modem, and you cant make it any faster than it is, simple as that really :)
This is a bit old now but you have a misconception as to how it speeds up your Kazaa downloads. It does work. By checking for more sources on a customized timer you can make better use of your available bandwidth and download a file more quickly. So, Sharemonkey Speedup CAN in fact reduce the time it takes to get a file.

Remember we are talking P2P here which means the number of hosts supplying the file AND the bandwidth they have controls how fast you will receive anything. Of course your bandwidth comes into play if the remote hosts offer more than you can handle. There is no claim to speed up anything else and it doesn't make any false claims.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown