setting up a home network

M

mitch529

Ok, well I just purchased a speedstream 2port router...

well I have both of my computers connected to internet but I cant figure out how to peform file sharing etc between the two.

On the main machine im running xp pro sp1 and on the other is win 98. Is there any quick and easy ways to do this or a good tutorial? I have never setup a network b4 if anyone could help that would b great!

thx in advance

ok, well, windows 98 and windows xp have a 'slight' method of sharing folders, especially if u want to setup passwords

if u want to share files on your xp comp so u can access them on your 98 comp, go to windows explorer on your xp comp
go to
tools
folder options
view
at the very bottom, make sure 'use simple file sharing' is checked, then right click any folder that u want to share
sharing
and share it

then on your 98 comp, go to network neighborhood, double click your xp comp, u should see the folder there and go into it

if u want to share files on your 98 comp so u can access them on your xp comp, it's pretty much the same thing

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back