• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Seti@home makes discovery!

At least that's what Art Bell claimed this morning at 12am. He supposedly had talked to two of the Seti "Higher ups" that let him know of this astronomical event.

There has been no true confirmation of these events yet, but I'm sure we'll get some sort of definite answer sometime later today or tomorrow.

(Nothing has been reported on the Seti@home website either.)

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
nothing on website?

then AKAIC this must be a hoax.... and not one that would help SETI either... I did some units for them once, but glad to be folding now (and if the rumour is true how many people would shut down on SETI? After all that's the logical move if it has done it's job!)

ming

OSNN Advanced
There's been a series of these so-called discoveries in the past, but none have actually been confirmed to be of any significance

nothing on website?

then AKAIC this must be a hoax.... and not one that would help SETI either... I did some units for them once, but glad to be folding now (and if the rumour is true how many people would shut down on SETI? After all that's the logical move if it has done it's job!)

AKAIC???

Seti has had a lot of false-positives, most have been earth-based long-wave radio transmissions boucning off the atmosphere.

i think he's trying to make his own web acronym.

As for SETI they have it all wrong. If you want to find aliens just go to Southern CA...

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
They found an enormous lump of goose poo (or was it strawberry jam which has fallen off an giant knife?) somewhere in the solar system! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies