Server Backup - Acronis?

deaddybear

OSNN Newbie
I am thinking of buying Acronis True Image Server 8.0. It's kind of expensive even at 20% Off, so I'd like to know if any one here has anything good or bad to say about it. Is it worth the money or are there more affordable solutions?

Personally I use CA BrightStor (v11.1*). I've always had good luck with it and it is very easy to work with. (Requires a tape drive of some sort)

I can't think of any affordable backup solutions for servers. Prices go through the roof when you talk servers.

I agree, server software is NOT cheap. Personally, I have supplied Veritas Backup Exec to all my clients since before it went Symantec. I feel that going forward, it is only going to improve on an already excellent product.

EDIT: Since this is an opinion thread, you have the chance to try this out for 60 days, free. http://www.veritas.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=9867

i have used the acronis software before and its nice but also the Veritas Backup Exec is a good peace too.

Veritas & Acronis are both very viable options for server backup/disk imaging

I use True Image server exclusively, it is very good .. Much better than Symentec in my opinion. It is expensive yes. But worth it ...

We use Acronis as wel. We use it primarily for imaging workstations and servers (not so much as for backups) but I've found it to work very well in any situation.

Have not used the server software but I can say there True Image is a great and easily implemented necessity for me. Acronis gets an A as far as I'm concerned.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back