Secure internet access for your child .

Crispin

OSNN One Post Wonder
My husband and I are very busy in our respective professions. That leaves us with very little time for our adolescent twin daughters. Sometimes it so happens that we are even unable to meet on a certain day due to all our schedules. I want to install a safe internet connection at home, so that I can at least communicate with my daughters. At the same time I fear their exposure to vulgar and adult sites. Is there any such service provider?

This subject has only one great answer. Unplug the modem and hide it. and have a responsible adult monitor their communication. There is not one ISP or program that will filter 100%.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana]Learn about the Internet
If you are just starting out, see what your local library, community center, school or newspaper offers by way of introduction.
Get Involved
Spend time online with your child, whether at home, at the library, or at a computer center in your community. Your involvement in your child's life, including his or her online life, is the best insurance you can have of your child's safety.
Stay Informed
Keep yourself informed about the parental control tools that can help you keep your child safe online. This brochure includes an introduction to what currently available tools can and cannot do.
Become an Advocate for Kids
If you see material or practices you do or do not like, contact your Internet Service Provider (the company that provides you with a connection to the Internet) or the company that created the material. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to make sure that this growing medium develops in positive ways for kids.
[/FONT]
Best advise
[/FONT]
[/FONT]http://www.fbi.gov/publications/pguide/pguidee.htm
If you want to try atleast one program try this http://www.netnanny.com/alt4

thread needs to be moved - how is this arts and crafts related ?

A friend of mine recently availed services of www.kidsemail.org for his eleven year old son. Kidsemail.com enables safe internet access for kids, without them stumbling upon forbidden sites with adult content. You can check out the site for details and all the features they are offering.

Why does this sound like a spam post? Or is it just me?

deff smells that way, seems all the spam posts all have the same font

no links in it - if you see spam by this user report it so we can zap it. Until then - nowt to worry about.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back