Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 - hard drive - 160 GB - SATAII HDD's for sale!

CriticalPoint

Addicted to Gaming
I have 8x 160Gb SATA-II HDD's for sale. All in original, sealed packaging. I'm asking £34 each and £2 delivery (Mainland UK), if you can show me them cheaper than this then point me in that direction!! :yowch:

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 - hard drive - 160 GB - SATAII.

Form Factor - 3.5" x 1/3H.
Dimensions (WxDxH) - 10.16 cm x 14.699 cm x 2.611 cm.
Weight - 0.6 kg.
Type - Hard drive, internal.
Data Transfer Rate - 100 MBps.
Interface Type - SATA-II.
Buffer Size - 8 MB.
Capacity - 160 GB.
Average Seek Time - 11 ms.
Spindle Speed - 7200 rpm.
Connector - 7 Pin Sata.

I'm sure that I'll be able to manage a posting outside of UK Mainland but you'll probably be better off buying from a 'tintanet site with free postage or something. I don't know! :speechless:

As requested by Sazar (He doesn't know it yet, but he'll probably ask me to post something like this!):

For feedback references on sales, my eBay accounts are:
'FfunkyFlower' (Message me on there if you like, it really is mine!)
and 'CriticalPoint' - Just like my username. feel free to check previous transactions and see feedback - I'm not out to con anyone, just get rid of odd bits! :squareeye

Ooh, I have a wicked good 17" TFT for sale aswell. New, boxed, never opened! - I'm thinking about £95 but feel free to make me offers by PM!

(",)

How much would you charge to ship to Canada. As in Greely, ON, Canada.

Is that currency sign euros or pounds?

Heeter

Just to play devil's advocate...

I thought every person was only supposed to have ONE eBay login??

Why is it you have two? Isnt this against the terms of service or user agreement?

Mike A!

Just FYI :)

You can get the 7200.10 (perpendicular as opposed to longitudinal recording technology being the only significant difference in the two revisions)

With this in mind, you may want to adjust your asking price for the drives CriticalPoint :)

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=434386

£27.81 Excluding VAT
£32.68 Including VAT

The 7200.10m features a 3ms faster access time than the 7200.9 with 8.0ms.
The rest of the stats are the same, with a slightly higher (5W approx) load on the newer replacement technology.

Sure there's a small delivery charge to factor in. But buying a drive brand new offers the full 5 year manufacturers warranty. Something that's worth the extra imo.

I suppose it comes down to how old those drives you are selling actually are, as 7200.10 was introduced way back in mid 2006.
7200.11 is current.

Why is it you have two? Isnt this against the terms of service or user agreement?

Mike A!
Technically yes, but I think you can have seperate accounts if one is used for a business and one is used for personal usage. Good point though, as I would doubt that's the case here but is possible?

Mike A!

Haha! Totally! I have CriticalPoint and Ffunkyflower. The latter being my mothers! :ermm: I'm trying to boost her feedback scores :squareeye

Just FYI :)

You can get the 7200.10 (perpendicular as opposed to longitudinal recording technology being the only significant difference in the two revisions)

With this in mind, you may want to adjust your asking price for the drives CriticalPoint :)

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=434386

£27.81 Excluding VAT
£32.68 Including VAT

The 7200.10m features a 3ms faster access time than the 7200.9 with 8.0ms.
The rest of the stats are the same, with a slightly higher (5W approx) load on the newer replacement technology.

Sure there's a small delivery charge to factor in. But buying a drive brand new offers the full 5 year manufacturers warranty. Something that's worth the extra imo.

I suppose it comes down to how old those drives you are selling actually are, as 7200.10 was introduced way back in mid 2006.
7200.11 is current.

This is true.. Looking at the drives for a date has led me to notice the 7200.10 thats quite largly printed within the antistatic bag :rolleyes: How did I not see that?! Anyways.. Upon revision, I'll take 20notes sterling for these bad boys if your after one. I'm after some massive 10'000rpms if anyone knows of a deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is true.. Looking at the drives for a date has led me to notice the 7200.10 thats quite largly printed within the antistatic bag :rolleyes: How did I not see that?! Anyways.. Upon revision, I'll take 20notes sterling for these bad boys if your after one. I'm after some massive 10'000rpms if anyone knows of a deal?

Nice quick response :)

So in fact they're the 160GB SATAII 7200.10 models for only £20 a shot? That's a good deal.
I'd take your hand off at the elbow for one of those at that price.
Sadly I'm seriously skint currently, and cannot justify any expense whatsoever on new PC kit period. Gutted.
I only replied to the thread initially as you asked to be pointed to a cheaper one if found.
You've certainly made a price adjustment though hehe :laugh:
That should see them gone in no time.

C'mon people, this is a bargain!
Take them off his hands and do yourselves a favour while you're at it ;)
For £20 you really can't go wrong. :)

Oh, and with regard to the 10,000 rpm drives, what kinda thing you looking for?
I'll keep my eye open for you

Nice quick response :)

So in fact they're the 160GB SATAII 7200.10 models for only £20 a shot? That's a good deal.
I'd take your hand off at the elbow for one of those at that price.
Sadly I'm seriously skint currently, and cannot justify any expense whatsoever on new PC kit period. Gutted.
I only replied to the thread initially as you asked to be pointed to a cheaper one if found.
You've certainly made a price adjustment though hehe :laugh:
That should see them gone in no time.

C'mon people, this is a bargain!
Take them off his hands and do yourselves a favour while you're at it ;)
For £20 you really can't go wrong. :)

Oh, and with regard to the 10,000 rpm drives, what kinda thing you looking for?
I'll keep my eye open for you

Yerp, thats the deal - 160GB SATAII 7200.10 models for only £20 a shot. Plus a little something for postage (£1.79 I think it is) and they're still Cheaper than Scan.co.uk can do them ex VAT!

With regard to my HDD hunt, I'm actually looking for faster access speed and a bigger drive than I have now. I currently have 500Gb SataII for my master and a 160Gb SATAII (Yep, the 7200.10! lol) as my slave... I'm looking for more space as I'm running out! I'm thinking - 750gb, pair of? Maybe 3 or 4 at the right money :squareeye

Cheers Erb!

How many you have left at this point? Also, how much to ship to the US?

How many you have left at this point? Also, how much to ship to the US?

Bit of a mission to ship out there - I sent Need For Speed PAL version out there not long back, with the mega fookin heavy manual, it cost £7.92. I cant see this being much more tho. I've got 5 on hand and 13 additional drives that I was going to keep. I suppose I can get shot of them now though as my game plan has expanded and I'm after some 500's.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back