• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

scanning

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
Hi, i have a Visioneer 4800 usb scanner . When i try to scan something i get a message that tells me to 'U LOCK YOUR SCANNER THEN PRESS OK' Well, the scanner does not have a lock ! I can't get passed this message , so can't scan anything . I have updated the drivers ..still no luck.
I am running Windows XP.:confused:

Reg

eXperienced!
All scanners come with what is known as a hardware lock. This lock locks the reader in place during travel so it does not strip the running gears. Find your manual and look for a section on unlocking your scanner as scanners have them in different places.

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political User
normaly it's a switch on the underside or covering power/usb port.
btw why does it have a lock 4 transport?

Reg

eXperienced!
The lock is there so that the reader lamp doesn't move up and down during transport. If it did, it would strip the gears and belts used to move it during a scan. Thus, when you get it home and try to scan something, it would not be able to scan.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar