• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sbc Dsl

X

xcspear

I have a problem with the dsl i have, its the yahoo sbc dsl and a PPPoE connection. I also use a router (microsoft mn-100) to connect to the internet. Everything works but about every hour it disconnects for about 2 seconds and then connects again.
Is there anyting i can do so that it dosnt disconnect, like doing settings with the idle time and stuff?

J

Jahya

I also have sbc dsl and i experienced the same problem when i was initially set up a couple years back. When I was initially set up, I had no problems connecting and when I was connected the the speed was awesome. BUT, at least once every couple of hours, the connection would drop and then after my set 30 sec delay, it would reconnect w/ no issues. I called tech support to find out what was going on, they referred me to ASI. ASI did some testing and found that there was a bridgetap on my line which was causing "inconsitancies" and referred me back to sbc to have this problem fixed. I went round and round with this for about a month trying to get one or the other to take resposibility and fix it, but sbc said it was ASI's fault and ASI said it was sbc's fault. I finally ended up at sbc corporate and they said it was in fact their problem and dispatched a repair team to fix the problem. About two days later I got a call saying the bridgetap had been removed and I never experienced any other problems w/ dropped connections (besides the occassional drop due to server problems and whatnot).

As a sidenote, corporate also credited my account for 6 months worth of service to make up for all the time I wasted trying to have it fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar