Safe to disconnect..

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I've had my digital camera (Fujifilm Finepix A201) for quite a while now, and have always been happy with the way XP handles things.
When I connect the camera to the PC (Via USB) the little green icon appears in the system tray letting me know the connection has been established software side, and the camera's LCD changes to display "DSC".
that's all well until it comes time to disconnect everything. which I do so by right clicking the tray icon and clicking to safely remove the device, shortly after which, XP informs me that the camera is now safe to remove. At this point the camera is still displaying "DSC"

I was using my camera on an apple machine a while ago (OS 10.2.3 / iPhoto) and when it came time to remove it, the procedure is virtually the same, giving the ability to safely remove the device, except the display on the actual camera changes to "Remove" (or something to that effect, i dont remember exactly)

So I'm now thinking that XP doesn't actually "stop" the device to a level that satisfies the camera.. does anyone else have the same experience with their cameras?

I turn my camera off then remove it from the computer. I don't believe I get a message from XP telling me it's ok but I have that balloon crap disabled too. The icon in the tray does disappear once I've turn my camera off :shrug:

My camera: Olympus C700

i have an Olympus D-230.

i just plug it in, get the pics off it, and unplug it with no problems. these usb cameras are supposed to be totally plug-n-play so you shouldn't have to worry about telling xp you're going to unplug it.

friend has a Fuji FinePix 2650 and pretty sure he does the same thing.

Yeah, I'm not saying that its causing any problems, i mean the camera and/or data (pictures) have never been affected.
and its recommended that you right click that tray icon then click to safely remove, which i do.

I was just curious if anyone else's actually did change to anything else, like mine did when used on the mac

In XP I just plug the camera in, d/l my pics, and unplug. If you did that in Win2000 you'd get that annoying box that you should stop the device first, blah blah, blah.

Works the same for my USB "pocket disk".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back