• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sad day for Pantera and Damageplan Fans

WolfShade

Ex-Xperiance Member
The attacker leapt onstage as the group, Damageplan, performed, and began "targeting members in the band," Sgt. Brent Mull said.

Two others were injured in the incident, although the nature of their injuries was not clear.

According to eyewitness accounts, the gunman initially shot and killed the band's guitarist, Dimebag Darrell. Darrell, 38, and his brother, Vinnie Paul, 40, are former members of Pantera

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nightclub.shooting/index.html

Xie

- geek -
Just heard this on Howard. As much as I would be upset for a band I loved being broken up I don't see how someone could go and do something like this.

mooo

thecyberninja
pantera was a very influential (spell) band for a lot of the 18-25 people, i would guess since that was there biggest time. I remember the first time i heard far beyond driven, i think it was the first real "metal" i had ever heard. It was sad to see pantera die out the way it did and now i guess there is no real hope for them to get back together. I can only look back at the concerts and the dvd.

jimi_81

Political User
i wonder if we will ever know the motive.

yesterday was John Lennon's anniversary.
perhaps another Mark Chapman-like fan.

sad stuff

chastity

Staff member
Political User
its always sad when a person that had was a member of a band that made a impact on a lot of people's life's die in this way to be sure but generally.

Well hopefully they will figure out the motive

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political User
Yeah i heard about this at school this morning. All the goth people were talking about it not that i have anything against them but yeah this sucks that this happen. How did he get pass the guards and all that?

Xie

- geek -
jimi_81 said:
i wonder if we will ever know the motive.

yesterday was John Lennon's anniversary.
perhaps another Mark Chapman-like fan.

sad stuff
I don't think he had a voice telling him to kill them like Chapman. I think I read (I hope I'm not making it up) that he was heard saying something about them breaking the band up (Pantera). How killing them is suppose to get the band back together I'm clueless on.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown