Ruth Did it on Hot Dogs and Beer

Thought you would chime in. :D

I hope you read the whole thing. It really does make you wonder.

Good article I thought, good points were made by the writer. It's a shame how much the public and the media shun and bash those who use the supplements.

Maybe we should not go to sporting events anymore. Or not watch sports on TV anymore. Hey we can watch sports every four years, The Olympics. Oh wait, there are some athletes there too that have used and have been caught. Can't watch the Olympics either.

I guess I'll go to the local park and watch little league. Oh but wait, they may be on cough syrup or they got into dady's or mommy's coffee that morning. Oh nooooo. :eek:

Hahahahah... Way too many vitamins. Now what about them pee wee players.

If they is still suckin on momma they are ingesting hormones. :eek:

Oh the humanity.

If they is still suckin, something is terribly wrong. :p

What? You mean it makes me wonder that baseball does so not have it's act together journeymen pitchers are getting busted. Donald Fehr and the players union resisted drug testing until what 2004? American Football a sport with large men, who are fleet of foot and muscle bound to no end have had drug testing going back to the late 1970's and what was baseballs excuse? What is really sad is that in all the irony it makes what Jose Canseco wrote in his book look truthful. Jose Canseco and the truth don't belong in the same sentence. But then again, here we have the defenders of baseball, the same people who digest and memorize esoteric numbers from a game in which it's players are amped up on greenies or juiced out of their minds (Ken Caminiti, anyone?) defending baseball because there were no rules dealing with juice. Only 40 something years and after every other major sport takes action, does baseball limp in and say hey look at me we have drug testing now. Now you would like all of the people who are not prone to cheating to say :wink wink nudge nudge: it's ok now, we will catch the cheaters from this point on. !#$@#$!^ Up until baseball addresses it's juiced era, let them speculate as they want, after all wasn't this the crux of baseball? let the fans argue the statistics, and they can say whatever they want. Whoah but try and cheat or make apologies "but there was not testing for it" and they will call you out for it. So what is it you are defending? The sanctity of the sport of baseball? Or the misguided, tortured souls who ignored the medical community and cheated? You can't have both.

What? You mean it makes me wonder that baseball does so not have it's act together journeymen pitchers are getting busted. Donald Fehr and the players union resisted drug testing until what 2004? American Football a sport with large men, who are fleet of foot and muscle bound to no end have had drug testing going back to the late 1970's and what was baseballs excuse?

What is really sad is that in all the irony it makes what Jose Canseco wrote in his book look truthful. Jose Canseco and the truth don't belong in the same sentence. But then again, here we have the defenders of baseball, the same people who digest and memorize esoteric numbers from a game in which it's players are amped up on greenies or juiced out of their minds (Ken Caminiti, anyone?) defending baseball because there were no rules dealing with juice. Only 40 something years and after every other major sport takes action, does baseball limp in and say hey look at me we have drug testing now.

Now you would like all of the people who are not prone to cheating to say :wink wink nudge nudge: it's ok now, we will catch the cheaters from this point on. !#$@#$!^ Up until baseball addresses it's juiced era, let them speculate as they want, after all wasn't this the crux of baseball? let the fans argue the statistics, and they can say whatever they want. Whoah but try and cheat or make apologies "but there was not testing for it" and they will call you out for it.

So what is it you are defending? The sanctity of the sport of baseball? Or the misguided, tortured souls who ignored the medical community and cheated? You can't have both.

just cleaned it up a little bit so it is easier to read.

What excuse? All sports have issues with performance enhancing drugs. Is that an excuse? Or that they single out one, two or three people without true proof. I don't give a damn about the sanctity of Baseball. Hell the game has gone to shiit in many ways, and with the way it takes forever and a day to played one game. What was play in maybe 2 hours now takes 3.

Baseball has had issues with many things, Football (NFL) has had testing for a good while yes but it is in no way anything like the testing done on internation sports competition levels.

You think that the NBA or NHL dosen't have drug issues? Please. But why oh why is Baseball center stage?

Do you think if back when Ruth played if there was any technology in drugs like there is today that players would not have used them? Players are always looking for an edge in this dollar and media run times. But back then their salaries were chicken scratch. And media, radio, that's it. Ruth when he hit 714 the closest player to him only had around 300. Now what Ruth did then would be considered super human. But back then there wasn't any performance enhancing drugs. Except for caffene. Now here in the present if someone does what Ruth did then, well he has to have had some sort of help. Drugs exist that can help. So they must be juiced. Now take any of these ball players like Albert Pujols and put them in the era of Ruth and the numbers they put up would be on a par with Ruth in the same time period. Oh wait, Latin players and African American players can't play. It's a white mans game. Imagine that.

Last edited:
You think that the NBA or NHL dosen't have drug issues? Please. But why oh why is Baseball center stage?

quote]
Simple, because of the fact that several prominent players who were responsible for the return of Baseball to it's glorious postion appeared in front of congress (and technically the people of the United States,) and lied, or refused to own up to things they have done. Mark Mcgwire who during his homerun spell actively kept a bottle of Andro on his locker, but when his time came up before congress he reiterated that he was here to talk about baseball future and not his past. Or even the Rafael Palmeiro diatribe.

Is it any wonder that the average fan now looks at anything with a jaundiced view irregardless of whether they are proven or unproven. Witness the backlash against Ben Johnson when he was caught cheating, he became a pariah.

People expect records to fall, after all that is what they are there for. The athletes' of today own the athletes of yesteryear because of the advanced training, weightlifting, diet and regimen. But the Dietary supplements should end at protein and advanced branchchain amino acids. The fact that Mark Mcgwire used a secondary level steroid now colors that whole era, and will continue to follow everybody who came out of that era, Bonds, Palmeiro, Caminiti, Giambi, Sosa.

I expect Baseball to at least develop, more stringent testing patterns eventually, and this will be the only way remove that cloud over the game. But until they do the average fan is going to second guess everyone who makes a huge jump statistically. Although this is unfair to Bonds as he was a pretty good batting player before he launched into the homerun stratosphere, this will follow him around, because of who he is and the manner in which he achieved it.

And until we know the whole true there will forever be that cloud of doubt. But what irritates me is how fans are so quick to accuse. Fine that we all know that there are performance enhancers out there that have been used. And many are over the count type things. But if and I say if there were no rules as to these things What the hell. In international competition I think that certain asthema inhalers are illegal to use. Now this is a medication that is perscribed by a physician to his/her patient. But if you use it you are screwed.

But getting back to baseball. Fans of the game have become a very strange bunch. They don't think things out. When this steroid issue began and fingers were being pointed everyone followed suit. Why? Just because everyone else was. But as I posted way before it's mostly if not all these younger fans. Anywhere from young 20s to late 30s. I've been going to Giants games since my godfather took me to my first game whe I was 4 or 5 years old. I'm 47 and I have hear all the crap about this drug thing. But I reserve my comments as to anything good or bad until all proof of guilt has been established. Then I will mouth off plenty.

^^ It is that kind of thing that puts a damper on the game. But in a light of where one person can literally win the game for the team; I can see why they would try to do something to make themselves better. I don't agree with it and think that they should be stripped of whatever they won and not be allowed back in the sport again.

I am so looking forward to the pirates games this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back