Router Question

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
I have a Belkin Pre-N router and would like to block some webpages, however Belkin offers a pay service. I really don't want to pay to block webpages and this is for business. My home Netgear has where I can block sites by words and even the http. I would like to know what Pre-N router out there can I block specific webpages without paying extra? Also is there a program that I don't have to install on all computers to block websites, that works with IE and FF.

Last edited:

Mooz

Moozically Con~foozed
easier than blocking .... put an entry for the sites you want to block in the local LMHosts file

make the LMHOsts file point to 127.0.0.1 (this is the local host common Ip)

that way any request to your blocked dns name will resolve to 127.0.0.1 and fail to display in the browser (or anywhere else for that matter)

BTW you can ship a custom lmhost file to the client machine using a logon script. (no install required

if this has helped in any way please click the STAR ... if you need more on this PM me and i will give you a walk through.

D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollBoll