RMA - 9800 Pro

Will be sending it off on tuesday. bad time, too many damn bank holidays atm.

Good luck overclockers.co.uk have just about the worst customer service ever :(

Found the fact I had no ati card in as an excuse to try windows64.
Tis ****ing horrid at this stage, so will be getting back to 32bit shortly ;p

I just found out that Sapphire have run out of the Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb :(

Therefore they are sending me the Radeon 9800 Ultimate.

I am so not gutted.

nice 1, makes up for being without it don't it when they do that :)

Almost.

I wouldn't wish a Geforce4 MX on my worst enemy.

yeh i knew what model u ment by ultimate, u sticking the add on fan onto it as your a gamer ? i hear it warrants it unless u wanna fry egg's on it LOL

Did you try different drivers on that card? ATI used to be horrible about artifacting if you used OEM or vendor drivers but ATIs drivers always seemed to fix the problems.

It wouldn't even post mate.

Gonzo: as far as modifying it, I don't think I should need to should I? The card has to be have been designed for gamers... what else would you need a 9800 Pro for? No chance they would ship it so poorly. Persides I heaard these Zalman heatsyncs are the DB.

they are not that bad Gonzo is right though EP zalman recommend you buy their "optional" fan to fit on it, with the the geforce cards though they strees that its essential

Maybe it comes with the fan too, no really detailed pics of it.
I know the heatsync sits on the top AND the bottom

9800pro-ULT-3D.jpg

http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9800proult.asp

GoNz0 said:
brought a cheap 256mb 9800 pro while i wait :(

a cheap 9800 pro 256mb...cheap?..as in price or quality

nevermind..price is wha u meant lol read it after

Electronic Punk said:
Maybe it comes with the fan too, no really detailed pics of it.
I know the heatsync sits on the top AND the bottom

9800pro-ULT-3D.jpg

http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9800proult.asp

i know, i guess what im trying to say is, will you try and cool it better using the optional fan (not included i had a quick look) or face the reality the card may fry again like the last 1, we all know no matter what the stock cooling, we can always improve :)

the reviews said the heatsinks good, but it still from what i remember runs hotter than stock fan assisted cooling ?
unless ur using the side mounted fan,

it scares me the temps the card itself get up to even with my side panel fan blowing on the card, i still have a P4 clip on fan resting on the back of the card to try and stop the card cooking :mad:

that P4 fan gave me another 6 months out the TI after the 1st unbootable crash..

my pooters on 24/7, i think the same as u, so prolonging the life of parts is important to me. :)

I'll look into it as long as it can be added without making it look like a custom job.

I just didn't think it made business sense to release a card, that is more expensive than the original, that would eventually fry itself unless you bought a fan yourself!

I have had a look around, read a few reviews. From what I can tell the heatsync passive cooling system is very effective. Having said that. The same system with the fan on is also fairly silent and looks pretty damn cool.

Also I was looking in my case last night, having a good sort out. CPU was running at 30 degrees, the case was at 40!! Most likely caused by the crap passive cooling my current Geforce4mx is attempting to do, so it would do my case good to get a bit of circulation on the go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back