RIP uptime

mooo

thecyberninja
this morning leaving for class i am not sure what happened but my box shut off. It had been up for 29day :(
What is every ones normal uptime and max?

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
currently:
[213:~/desktop] davidker% uptime
18:47 up 3 days, 9:30, 1 user, load averages: 0.19 0.14 0.21
[213:~/desktop] davidker%

I think the longest I had was around 14-days on Windows XP. To me, uptime just means you don't have the latest updates ;)

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political User
i agree speedy_b :D most updates you have to reboot for before they work ;)

my uptime is normakly about 2-3 days + my max is about 2 weeks :cool:

Windows XP:
Code:
Administrator@NIGHTHAWK$C:\> uptime
\\NIGHTHAWK has been up for: 3 day(s), 1 hour(s), 45 minute(s), 41 second(s)
IIRC, the longest it went to was a little above 20 days. Then an update came along. :p

I reboot my box that I use quite often (every 2-3 days normally)... however, we have a Win2k box sitting in the corner playing gateway (sharing with 4 computers using ICS) that's been up 25 days as of now... and was up something like 90 days before we added RAM and obviously had to reboot. It's an old P2-350 with 256 MB RAM, a motherboard of unknown brand, and an S3 Virge Gx2 AGP video card. doesn't even have a monitor connected. 5 GB 5400 rpm WD HD. Part was given to us, the rest is spare parts.

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
In my sig :)

My Windows PC's are never up for very long b/c WinUpdate usually needs a reboot. I have my 2000 box up for about 29 days until the updates this week.

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
My cpmouter goes of if i'm not going to be using it for a more than a few hours :) so my uptime is at most about 12 hrs :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dopexoity