[Review] Dell Inspiron 700m

I need a laptop, but don't want to spend the moola to bet one.

I think I need to see jy invest ment officer, stop taking so much out of each check. Holy ****, I keep laughing so hard and I have no idea why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steevo said:
I need a laptop, but don't want to spend the moola to bet one.

I think I need to see jy invest ment officer, stop taking so much out of each check. Holy ****, I keep laughing so hard and I have no idea why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Put the weed down!

funky dredd said:
Sweet! I have a Latitude D800...love it! Was thinking of getting another one in the not so distant future, maybe this one might be worth checking out!
Yeah, we looked at several different machines, including some Thinkpads, and had narrowed it down to either this or the Latitude D600.
This was quite a bit more than the D600, but worth it, IMO.

funky dredd said:
Put the weed down!
Seriously...
blink.gif

Damn it...had a few things to take care of this week. Anyway, I'll definitely try to write out the review by the time I'm back from SF.
(Thanks for the reps, Saz
wink.gif
)

NetRyder said:
Yeah, we looked at several different machines, including some Thinkpads, and had narrowed it down to either this or the Latitude D600.
This was quite a bit more than the D600, but worth it
Thats interesting, here in Australia your average spec 700m goes for < $2400, whereas an equivalent D600 is more than $3000.
Im thinking of getting an 700m to replace this pos desktop. does your's have infrared?

my wife's trying to get one of these or a 600m instead... spec'd out..

she works for dell so she gets discounts plus if you get the 4 year service coverage she gets extra discounts :)

I was thinking of getting one myself but I can wait...

champ2005 said:
does your's have infrared?
No, but we do have a couple of USB IrDA adapters - one for each machine.
Got them for almost nothing about half a year ago.
smile.gif

NetRyder, remind me to post this as a proper review on the site tomorrow, will do it after I have ammended Sazars.

Electronic Punk said:
NetRyder, remind me to post this as a proper review on the site tomorrow, will do it after I have ammended Sazars.
Will do.
smile.gif

I'll just have to add a final conclusion/summary of the pros/cons, and it should be set.

my wife's continuing to look into either the 700m or the 600m...

coz she works @ dell she gets another 15% off the base price...

incidentally how much did the setup run your dad?

The 700m, 600m and 8600 are probably my favorite machines in the Inspiron line-up.
smile.gif

With the specs listed in the first post and a 3-year extended warranty, the total was about $1,850 after a 15% discount coupon + free shipping.

thats not bad :)

I'll be waiting for the final revised review thinger posted on the front-page :cool:

good job...

EP: Added a couple of updates to the original post, including a summary.
Should be final and good to go now. :)

Man these things look beautiful. Right up there with Apple laptops in terms of asthetics.

The dual layer DVD burner sounds sweet, and it's so small :) This will be on my list of laptops to consider when I get one for Uni next summer.

Grandmaster said:
This will be on my list of laptops to consider when I get one for Uni next summer.
Oh, that's a long way ahead. You'll probably see a lot of new systems by then.
But then again, you'd get a really good deal on this one. :D

NetRyder said:
Oh, that's a long way ahead. You'll probably see a lot of new systems by then.
But then again, you'd get a really good deal on this one. :D

Well what I meant was if they contine updating this baby with new specs I'd get it. But yeah there will likely be newer and possibly better stuff by then.
:D

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back