resizing Partitions using Partitionmagic

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
I would to resize three partitions on a second HDD (first HDD holds windows XP and Second HDD holds Pagefile and files and programs) Can I resize these partitions using Partition Magic without removing the files of the one partition getting bigger?

Current 20gig partitions: Partition1: 5gigs,
Partition2: 5gigs,
Partiton3: 10gigs

What I would like to: Partition1: 3.5gigs,
Partition2: 12.5gigs,
Partition3: 4.0gigs

All will stay with NTFS format.

Do I need to remove the existing files from Partition2 to increase the size. Files from other partitions have been moved.
Thanks in advance, guys.

Heeter

Yes' em, you can resize without removing files. Follow PM and it will guide you through the process. You can even see how your partitions will look before any changes are made.

nope just use pm8 and you will be fine. very easy :)

First of all do not resize anything if you can't afford to lose all the data on that hard drive. So ask yourself that question first, cause it does happen. The computer locks up half way through the resizing and your only option id to reformat and reinstall everything.

Just a little friendly warning, have seen and heard of it happening lots of time before.

cool.gif

Thanks y'all,

Thanks for quick replies.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back