Reputation System

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
The reputation system

The reputation system is something new we are trying at NTFS, needless to say if it is abused it will be removed.

The basic idea is that everyone starts out with 10 reputation points. Here is the scale at which your "mouseover" description will change:

-999999 User is infamous around these parts
-50 User can only hope to improve
-10 User has a little shameless behaviour in the past
0 User is an unknown quantity at this point
10 User is on a distinguished road
50 User will become famous soon enough
150 User has a spectacular aura about
250 User is a jewel in the rough
350 User is just really nice
450 User is a glorious beacon of light
550 User is a name known to all
650 User is a splendid one to behold
1000 User has much to be proud of
1500 User has a brilliant future
2000 User has a reputation beyond repute

As you increase in the ranks you will also get additional greendots, if your reputation becomes negative you will get red dots.

Users cannot hide their reputation but the actual integer will be hidden, only green dots will be displayed. Users will not be able to see who voted for their reputation, but will be able to see an optional comment and which post the vote came from. Administrators can see who voted for them.

Once your reputation has been added to or removed from, the 7 most recent actions will be shown in the user control panel.

Administrators have to add or remove 7 points at one time, whereas users can only add or remove 1.

Having said that. while users can only add or remove one point, when each of the following has occured there "point power" will be increased by 1:

- For every 90 days that have passed since you have registered
- For every 500 posts made
- For every 30 reputation points earnt

Your votes will only start to count once you have reached 1 post and you will be unable to vote for other users if your reputation falls below 5 points.

Each user may only assign 10 reputation points every day and 20 other users must be voted for before you may vote for the original user again aka the user spread.

what happens if the system is abused ? ie by spammers and the like ?

only admins can see who voted?? not fair not fair. :p

I think it good prove to be usefull this system, as long as people use it right.

not sure post count should be used as a determining factor...

encourages spamming and says nothing about the reputation of the said poster..

ppl have to rate your post... whether its good/bad. Not something thats done just because you post. It is determined by members.

As admins have the power to remove or add 7 points at a time, I ask that they be very careful when voting!

ah... I was thinking it was doing something else :D

okies... yah... could be fun :D

i thinjk it will work very well :cool:

not that i'll get any posts :p

Electronic Punk said:
As admins have the power to remove or add 7 points at a time, I ask that they be very careful when voting!

I'll forget about it after I've posted this comment ... don't have to worry about me posting in the reputation system

Nice set of guidelines.. reckon it could turn out to be pretty good system.

MdSalih

I think its cool, its another counter type thing, its cool!!

It's a good system, only time will tell if it works well and others like it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back