Reputation System

I had a problem wit it. I mean i had 3 bad ones just cause i was acting a lil childish in the person above me forum and the finish this sentence forum. I mean that shouldnt be counted towards u. I like the idea of not havin negatve points.

No more reputation system?

Off topic, nice fancy new feature when clicking member names. :)

Boo, I liked it. Coming back without the negative side seems a good idea though.

Will we keep our rep points when its turned back on? Because I had like seven million, honest guv!

We should still have our old rep points if the feature is brought back since they are stored in the database...unless that part of it was deleted when the feature was disabled.

Guess I best remove that thing from me sig then eh? :p
I only got good points so it was OK for me, but the negative points
system really blew.
I s'pose though, the positive points could be abused too.
Little pacts of members bumping each-other up.
Strict guidelines or moderation would hopefully keep that in check.
Hopefully there will be a rep system of some sort though.
Helps sort the wheat from the chaff ;)

Erbmaster said:
Guess I best remove that thing from me sig then eh? :p
I only got good points so it was OK for me, but the negative points
system really blew.
I s'pose though, the positive points could be abused too.
Little pacts of members bumping each-other up.
Strict guidelines or moderation would hopefully keep that in check.
Hopefully there will be a rep system of some sort though.
Helps sort the wheat from the chaff ;)
well you had to vote for 10 OTHER ppl before you could vote same person again so kinda hard to bump someone yourself or w/ a small group ...

Xie said:
well you had to vote for 10 OTHER ppl before you could vote same person again so kinda hard to bump someone yourself or w/ a small group ...

Yes, that part of the system does keep people in check. Negative points seem to be the only thing we were having problems with. =\

Hehe, you're choice, but when we had app 30,000 members before.....
I'd still say small......with knobs on :p

NetRyder said:
Yes, that part of the system does keep people in check. Negative points seem to be the only thing we were having problems with. =\
yeah w/ a forum this size (not that its tiny but a fair mod to user ratio) you can delete/edit post as need so there really isn't a need for negative pts. if it was a site like say /. then yes because of the amount of spam/trolls/ect.

would it be possible to do as /. does and give pts out random like after users post so much or are a member for a certain time and then diff ppl would have pts to give out and diff times keeping all fair? :)

I had suggested removal of negative points to E-Punk as a way to prevent abuse of the system a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what his final decision is. If the system is re-added, I think this could be the first safeguard. We could then look into other alternatives like the one you suggested, depending on whether the need arises or not.

ok .. just throwing some ideas out there is all

rep system could be good, but will always be abused somehow.. it is fun for novelty purpose. what would really be cool is a "forum post%" like the more you post in 1 forum, say 'Hardware' you get a little title below your Avatar.. 'Hardware Geek,' 'Network Nerd,' 'Graphic Gnome,' i donno, just throwing it out there. or it could be on your profile.

Lol...I'd go for that one. Some people would end up with titles like "Word Game Wizard" and "Longest Thread Spammer".

HandyBuddy said:
Lol...I'd go for that one. Some people would end up with titles like "Word Game Wizard" and "Longest Thread Spammer".

yeah, and if your kinda tied between 2 forums, some sort of mixture nick name would be handed out like maybe.. "Social 1's & 0's" for lots of Lounge Posts and Coding posts.

i donno, just an idea, feel free to add your comments or mix the idea up a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back