Renaming network printers...

P

PDAGuy

Hello -

My company has slowly started replacing all our Win9x computers with XP machines. When we hook them up to the network and install network printers (Novell) it will not allow us to rename the object created (usually the queue name). You can rename the printer if it is a local printer and if you have administrative rights. Do you know how we can rename the network printers on these machines?

Thanks much.

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
Do you mean the global share name (in \\novellserver\printer1) or the name of the icon in the printers folder?

JJB6486

L

Lactic.Acid

JJB, novell printers don't work like that.

PDAGuy, you can't rename the queue names like that. What you could do though is put in a description or name in the "Location" value in the printer properties, and that will show up in the status bar and on mouse-over for that printer.
/Lactic

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut