• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Remote Desktop on Windows 2003

I have this strange problem while remotely accesing a Windows Server 2003 computer. I run, for example, Remote Desktop Connection from a Windows XP computer, type in the server name or its ip address, and click connect. it comes up with the remote desktop and a login screen. I type in my user and passwords, click ok, and the remote desktop window disappears, with no warning or error messages.

Things i have done:
  • If i type the wrong password, a message appears that it was the wrong password, and goes back to the login screen.
  • I have tried using different usernames, creating new ones on the server, giving them varying levels of rights
  • Ive tried connecting from computers on the network or over the internet, from different O/S es (2000, XP etc) and using different connection software (remote desktop connection, terminal services client etc)
  • All of the above things yeiled the same results
Is this a known bug or issue, or does anyone have any idea what it might be?

cpugeniusmv

Computer Genius
champ2005 said:
will that disable 2D acceleration (without 2d acceleration doing anything like moving a window is really slow) ?
nope. to my knowledge, that service doesn't actually do anything useful :D (someone correct me if i'm wrong)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn