Registry Branch delete with .reg

P

Powerchordpunk

Does anyone know what to put in a .reg file to make it DELETE certain branches of the registry? I run an ftp server where i will soon put out a reg file and icon that go in start menu that link to my site. I want to have an easy uninstallation for novice users who don't want to delete a branch in the registry and merge back in the original, unedited branch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
If it is similar to the XP-erience one you could just clear them rather than deleting them:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2559a1f6-21d7-11d4-bdaf-00c04f60b9f0}] 
@="" 

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2559a1f6-21d7-11d4-bdaf-00c04f60b9f0}\DefaultIcon] 
@="" 

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2559a1f6-21d7-11d4-bdaf-00c04f60b9f0}\Instance\InitPropertyBag] 
"CLSID"="{13709620-C279-11CE-A49E-444553540000}" 
"method"="ShellExecute" 
"command"="" 
"Param1"=""

P

Powerchordpunk

I found this off of freepctech.com:

Deleting keys or values using a REG file
It is also possible to delete keys and values using REG files. To delete a key start by using the same format as the the REG file above, but place a "-" symbol in front of the key name you want to delete. For example to delete the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup] key the reg file would look like this:

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup]

The format used to delete individual values is similar, but instead of a minus sign in front of the whole key, place it after the equal sign of the value. For example, to delete the value "SetupType" the file would look like:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup]
"SetupType"=-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut