Recycle Bin Icon

E

Eve

I somehow managed to delete the recycle bin icon from my desktop. I can still use the recycle bin because I also have it in quicklaunch. Thing is, when I go to the desktop folder it is shown there it just doesn't show up on my screen. I've tried making a shortcut to it on the desktop but that doesn't show up either. Even though you can see that in the desktop folder too. Any ideas on how to get it back? TIA

Eve:p

Originally posted by stuy_b
click below link Eve, it might shed some light on your problem. Try a System Restore.

http://www.xp-erience.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=67064#post67064

tried using the registry thingie in that thread, but it's not there on my computer. The only thing I can find in CLSID is a totally different string of numbers. And I can't do system restore cause It's been like this for a while and I frequently delete all but the most recent restore point. *feck*

Ok, couldn't find it in the registry by searching for clsid but I went back and typed in some of the string of numbers that came after and I found it. Have to restart now, will let you know if it worked.

Fixed it! after I restarted the recycle bin icon still didn't show up on my screen. Then I realised that even though I had other desktop icons such as my computer clicked in display properties, they didn't show up either. Which was ok since I also had them in quicklaunch, but it bugged me.

So I went to Help & Support. I found out there that if you rightclick on the desktop screen and click on "arrange icons by" there is an option to "show desktop icons". I clicked this and my desktop icons came back, except for the recycle bin. So I went to the desktop folder and created a shortcut to the recycle bin again and this time it worked. Yippee!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back